[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

remote probably posessed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: remote.png (2MB, 862x918px) Image search: [Google]
remote.png
2MB, 862x918px
For some reason some of the buttons on a tv remote have stopped working. Took it apart and cleaned it, no dice.

Other buttons still work just fine, it's the larger ones in the middle that don't want to work. Tested the working buttons by touching metal, and they functioned as expected....touched the non-working ones, and nothing.

TV manual buttons still work.
>>
>>1045039
maybe the chip that picks the signal from the buttons is fucked
>>
Confirm no emissions are occurring from the ir led in front.
1: view the led with a camera on a phone or something. Dslr cameras usually have ir filters.
2: probe + and - with multimeter
Using either of these methods, tap the buttons that arent working. If no blink, then:
Try some new batteries. Some ir signals require more powa than others.
If youre a lazyfag like me and dont want to buy new batteries, take a bunch of old batteries, confirm theyve all got atleast 1.4v, and put them in parallel for double the available amperage. If the combined voltage of the two batteries running thr remote still doesnt hit 3v, but some new damn batteries.
If batteries arent your proble, buy contact cleaner of some kind. Officedepot has it for sure. Theyre like 10$ for a 16 oz can.
If still nothing, strip the pcb coating carefully on the non working button button with some 400 grit sandpaper or something medium fine. After you start seeing the reflective metal under the coating, test the remote again with the touch of your finger.
Still nothing? Try licking your finger for improved continuity.
Still nothing? Well shit, try putting your dick in it or something.

I dont fucking know, im a dropout.
>>
>>1045043
idk, possibly

>>1045045
changed batteries, nothing

there is no signal being sent and there is no apparent reason why it wouldn't

I don't want to have to use a universal one, but otherwise I can change it by hand
>>
>>1045073
Is that your actual remote in the op photo?
If so, keep reading. If not, wait for someone else who knows what theyre doing to respond.
Get a multimeter and set to ohms
Touch pin 1 or pin 6 to negative rail on right side of board.
0 ohms? -> Bingo 1.
Else? (higher than 0 ohms?) Touch pin 1 or 6 to positive rail on left side of board.
0 ohms? -> Bingo 2.
Else? Go to bottom of this page and press reload until someone else posts.
If bingo 1, take a small wire strand and connect pin 1 or pin 6 to negative rail on right side.
If bingo 2, connect wire to either pin onto the positive (left) side.
Watch the ir led with cameraphone or something.
Blink? Means you got a break in a trace or your conductive button pad isnt conducting.
No blink? Mightve destroyed the board with short circuit. Shouldve given a better photo. Now go but another remote.
>>
>>1045107
it is

my meter battery is dead, but jumping to the negative side did give results, just for the number buttons....positive side did nothing

will try other camera
>>
File: number2.png (1MB, 672x1512px)
number2.png
1MB, 672x1512px
about as good as it's going to get
>>
>>1045039
How did you clean it?

Pour a bowl of 99% alcohol and soak it for half an hour witjout the batteries, maybe someone spilled coke over it
>>
>>1045039
spend 2 minutes downloading the app that turns your phone into a remote for any tv for free.

>>1045045
or do all that bullshit and spend an hour+extra money trying to fix a fucking $5 remote you goddamned moron.
>>
>>1045402
alcohol of course

it was dusty, but that's it

>>1045407
I shall try it
>>
>>1045039
I know a simple test, you need 1 phone that have Digital Camera, that it, press 1 button and look the led with camera, it will flash in camera view, that a good way to test all your button, work or not.
And now the bad news , maybe you cant fix it sry, but maybe you can.
Clean up PCB where the Rubber Pad connect and the Rubber Pad with alcohol.
That your only chance for fix the Remove Control.
And 1 more thing, after all button works again, you must protect your Control with folia, why? Cause your greasy fingers ruin the rubber pad connection, and already damaged.
>>
>>1045039
Just because you cleaned the board anon, dont forget to clean the tips on the bottom of the rubber contacts, underneath the buttons. Then try it, should work then
>>
>>1045039
There's a remote chance that you're going to need to get a new one anon.
>>
>>1047327
that news will not get a good reception
>>
>>1047330
In my experience, if cleaning the pcb and the rubber membrane doesn't work then ull need a new membrane. The contacts on the membrane can wear out.
Sooo either new membrane ir new remote. No other ways about it
>>
>>1047192
>>1048129
as I said, the signal on some buttons worked when bridging with something metal, but the other buttons didn't

changing the buttons wouldn't have helped
>>
>>1045130
is it just me or are you posting just one side of the board... post both sides with things taken apart
>>
>>1048317
there's nothing on the other side
>>
>>1048342
how do you know?

how do YOU know?
>>
>>1048342
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>1045130
Someone else did notice that the button up contact tracks are stripped?
>>
>>1048390
Yeah I noticed it, but since the other prints seem to be intact I asked to post the back side for inspection but OP seems to have gone retard.
>>
Cool stuff
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.