[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Putting a fan in a smartphone case

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: UF385-100.jpg (25KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
UF385-100.jpg
25KB, 640x640px
Is it a bad idea? This little guy is apparently 8x8x5mm, I'd use a different battery to power it...
>>
what would be the point? you'd do better by conducting heat away with direct contact to a larger surface area
>>
A regular case with the back cut out and replaced by a piece of aluminum heatsink would do the job a lot better.
>>
post link to fan
>>
>>1045027
this please
also
>>1045017
is right
>>
File: DeepCool-Aeolus-Big-Frost.jpg (210KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
DeepCool-Aeolus-Big-Frost.jpg
210KB, 600x600px
>>1045017
Once you do this, attach this to the heat sink for extreme cooling.
>>
>>1045077
>turn it on
>phone flies away
>>
>>1045027
>>1045029
Try a reverse image search
>>
>>1045136
Fuck you asshole, post the damn link.

Fucking numbnuts trying to put a fan in his phone case thinking that'll fucking solve anything...
>>
>>1045151
sorry: http://datasheets.globalspec.com/ds/75/DigiKey/128A7F9E-5050-413E-9C6F-8571018B55EB
>>
>>1045135
kek'd
>>
It is a SUNON Mighty Mini, UF385.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/sunon-fans/UF385-100/259-1454-ND/1739059

http://portal.sunon.com.tw:7778/images/sunon/rddoc/201401/177453/_D0B000020G-00_-2.pdf
>>
welp.. that fan is 50 bucks.
>>
There is also this one:

https://www.buerklin.com/en/dc-axialluefter/p/82b180
>>
>>1045001
Nah, nowadays we're removing the headphone jack so we can make that shit thinner!

Isn't progress for the sake of progress amazing?
>>
>>1045957
It's actually so it can be made waterproof
>>
File: iphone-hero[1].jpg (40KB, 484x397px) Image search: [Google]
iphone-hero[1].jpg
40KB, 484x397px
>>1045962

Except that's bullshit. Waterproof headphone jacks are a thing, and if you actually believe this excuse for "manufacturer wants to cut costs at the expense of the consumer", then, well...I have a phone for you.
>>
>>1045957
But that's not even real progress. Just going with the trend.
By year 2025 they'll be selling phones with negative thickness.
>>
>>1045001
OH MY GOODNESS THAT FAN IS SO CUUTTTTTTE!

It's so tiny!
>>
File: 2_Parallel_Port.jpg (29KB, 500x142px) Image search: [Google]
2_Parallel_Port.jpg
29KB, 500x142px
>>1045964
This topic rust my jimmies so much, as an EE undergrad I still cannot believe that in 2016 we are still fucking using 3.5mm jacks on phones when the microusb/lightning connetors provide the same fucking audio without wasting a fuckton of space inside the phone.

Literally open your fucking phone, watch how much fucking space it takes the jack holder and then think again if it´s fucking productive to let that big ass analog 3-pin connector there, it's almost as big as the fucking SoC nowadays which is fucking ridiculous.

If it were for people like you we would still be using PIC RELATED on fucking laptops.

This is not even to protect fucking apple, every phone manufacturer should stop right now putting the 3.5mm jack on phones.

and MARK MY WORDS, every and i'm telling you EVERY phone 3 years from here will not have that fucking obsolete big-ass piece of analog shit that the 3.5mm jack is.
>>
>>1046380
I don't even want the phones shitty no shielding pre amp anyway. Sounds better coming digitally over my Bluetooth anyway.
>>
>>1046380
>>1046381
I'm getting trolled right
>>
>>1046002
>Negative thickness

Lolol.

I want it inside my head anon.
>>
>>1046394
I think it's just plain old zealotry. It's common here.
>>
>>1046380
B.but where do I plug in my Beats™ by Dr Dre™ ? *
>(* © Apple Overpriced And Nasty Consumer Crap Inc., FuckTheEU Manufuckturing Estate, HongDong Village, DogCookLong, Guangagoogadong, Chinkland)
>>
>>1046380
Digital phone jacks mean more DRM. Fuck DRM
>>
>>1045001
watch out when putting it in airplane mode
>>
I mean...it's not a GOOD idea...
>>
>>1046380
>losing out on analog output that works with fucking anything

frig off

if anything, we should figure out a data transfer protocol that works over the microphone connection instead of continuing to use USB for anything other than power

>wasting a fuckton of space
audio jacks are goddamn tiny, fuck off nigger.
>>
>>1046380
Maybe you should stick that cool iPhone of yours up your ass to prevent yourself talking from there?
>>
>>1046479
>audio jacks are goddamn tiny, fuck off nigger.
They aren't small. They aren't massive either, but they are volume that could otherwise be better used.
That being said, I do agree with everything else said about moving to a digital standard and the issues it will present.
Are there any other analog connectors that could replace the 3.5? perhaps just a smaller pin or flat blade?
>>
File: Home-taping-is-killing-music[1].png (66KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Home-taping-is-killing-music[1].png
66KB, 400x300px
Analog output sockets are just another attack vector for the pirates destroying the industry and taking bread from the mouths of struggling artistes. Digital Rights Management, or musicians dying in the streets from starvation? - Remember folks, YOU chose this future. Say YES to whatever the fuck Apple wants, and pre-order yet another iPhone today. The All-New iPhone™ - because, we made your existing peripherals obsolete.
>>
>>1046533
There's a million ways to solve this.
There's a 2.5 version of the 3.5. Or a magnetic connector of some sort.

Only two reasons to move away from an analog audio:
Manufacturers want to cut costs on phones and profit from new earphone sales and increased prices.
Every jew content provider under the sun is crying of their lost quadrillions "due to piracy".
>>
>>1046479
>audio jacks are tiny
3.5mm jacks are literally the only thing forcing phones to stay as thick as they are.
>>
If your phone is getting hot enough to require active cooling, it's time for a new phone
>>
>>1046380
Shut the fuck up. Who wants sheets of paper as a telephone? If they remove the 3.5 simply they won't get my money and others people also. Apple wants to remove it? Fine, you battery lasts nothing and their telephones bend at sight, they will reduce dimensions and you will need a fuckton of adapters just to recharge your stupid telephone while listening to something.
>>
>>1046695
>recharge your stupid telephone while listening to something.
I've never done that
>>
>>1046407
>Digital phone jacks mean more DRM
how? you think apple has a bluetooth alternative or is going to sell headphones with a DAC in them?
>>
Apparently they are already doing this... in Israel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TLJ11uzPOg
>>
>>1046695
ITS NOT ABOUT MAKING IT THINNER AT THIS POINT for fucks sake, the space the jack takes inside its as big as the entire processor. which is fucking ridiculous when the space is at premium.
>>
>>1046700
Any headphones not using a 3.5mm jack already has a DAC.

DRM with bluetooth heaphones is a simple as checking what brand heaphones have connected and then refusing to talk to them.
>>
>>1046964
>space is at premium
Who needs space when people want phones with bigger and bigger displays?
>>
>>1046592
They're too fucking thin already
>>
>>1045135
>not wanting your phone to break sound barrier
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.