[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/diy/ youtubers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: laura.jpg (315KB, 900x885px) Image search: [Google]
laura.jpg
315KB, 900x885px
What does /diy/ think of Laura Kampf?
Reminds me of diresta
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRix1GJvSBNDpEFY561eSzw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE2VOb0KKAA
>>
>>1044651
Wow. Kudos for doing it but man did she do it wrong. The tools she used for the rabbets were particularly terrible. 15 passes with a circular saw, then a chisel, then a belt sander? Just draw some lines on it and hit it with a hand saw. Two cuts. Done. If you need it super smooth a pass or two with a rabbet plane and you are good to go. It is like $40 in tools and takes half the time. Even with the dados the chisel should have been the final step.

And I guess she just doesn't need to use that door ever again either.

>Reminds me of diresta
That's not a good thing. The guy has some nice ideas but his skill is pretty lacking. His current skill level is that of a guy who installs kitchen cabinets for a living and has all the parts prefabed at the shop by a draftsman with a CNC router.
>>
>>1044660
He makes interesting stuff sometimes and i like seeing the different tools he showcases occasionally. his videos are soothing to me, like that guy who eats MREs on camera. I dont watch many DIY youtubers anymore, the closest thing I watch is Primitive Tech.
>>
>>1044661
ASMR seems like it would be something for you to look into.
>>
anyone know of some cool metalworking youtubers?
>>
>>1044667
ASMR = AUTISM
>>
>>1044902
AVE is a machinist. Sometimes he even uses metal in his vids.
>>
>>1044934
>AVE is a machinist
lmao
>>
>>1044934
>>1044941
He does the IMPOSSIBLE with a potato
>>
>>1044661
>his videos are soothing to me
Diresta jewtube videos before bed are great for winding down.

>>1044934
Why is he trying to shove Laura Kuntf down our throats? Here video production is pretty good, other than that, I find it lackluster.

Also this: >>1044941

>>1044902
Mother fucking Stefan Gotteswinter
https://www.youtube.com/user/syyl

This Old Tony
https://www.youtube.com/user/featony

Tom Lipton (his book is good too)
https://www.youtube.com/user/oxtoolco
>>
>>1044941
yeah he's a heavy equipment troubleshooter/repair guy that fucks around lathes/mills/hydraulics/casting
>>
>>1044902
mrpete222 - like taking a shop class
abom79 - all sorts of machining work
>>
>>1044988
>$88,524 a year from patreon
He used to be an engineer in the mineral extraction industry. Now he just collects checks, phones in a weekly 3 minute video about nonsense and does a tool teardown every month.

He's got it made in the shade.
>>
>>1044902
Make It Extreme
>>
>>1044660
>Just draw some lines on it and hit it with a hand saw.

Not everyone is classically trained.
Some people are "artists" first, and craftsmen a distant second.

They do not care about learning to do it right. The fact that they do it is whats important.
Also, going againt normal conventions and doing things the wrong way is another thing that separates "artists" from craftsmen.

I think Laura and Diresta both fall into that same category.
Though I feel Diresta is actually much worse, and I enjoy Laura's videos.
>>
>>1044651
That door really triggered me. I'm guessing it is just a second door to that room and she doesn't use it? But then why didn't she remove it?
>>
>>1045051
Really common in "Altbau" (i.e. houses built before WW2) rentals in German (and probably all European) cities.

The Landlord has a property with several interconnected rooms and people rent them as shared apartments. The tenants don't use these secondary doors, but the landlord obviously doesn't want to outright remove them.

On the other side there most likely are shelves within the doorframe in her roommates room.
>>
>>1044941

even if that isn't his job he is still a machinist because he machines shit in his videos
>>
>>1045051

that festool crapsaw triggered me way more. is this a shill video? The fit and finish of everything was terrible but the icing on the cake was gluing that crappy 2x? ladder to the floor. Da fuck?
>>
>>1045262
I own a TIG welder and occasionally weld shit together, does that make me a welder?

I own a hammer and saw, does that make me a carpenter?
>>
>>1044651
Made her name off the back of her vagina. Not new to original and doesn't do anything better than her more commonly known male counterparts.
>>
>>1044902

I'm really into clickspring ATM.
>>
>>1044902
Clickspring is easily the best machining/metalworking Youtuber I've seen to date.
>>
>>1045295
"Competent" is not a required part of either title, so yes.
>>
>>1045295

Exactly. I consider myself a dab hand at a lot of things. I've watched a lot of carpenters work and a lot or metal workers do their thing and thought I could do it better.

But for me it doesn't mean I'm any more qualified. The point at which I consider myself qualified for either or any trade is when I can make better money doing it than my own trade and better money than them doing it.

The real trouble with YouTube is these sort of people aren't necessarily good at what they do but the uneducated classes follow them because they think they are good, and then they are able to make money doing it via patreon and as sense.

I apologise is this is nonsensical. It's a bank holiday and I've had one too many but...

TL;DR: unskilled YouTubers make money from even less skilled DIYers and people who think the vagina is interested.
>>
>>1044651
Collin furze makes me hard as diamond
>>
>>1045340
These relatively low-skilled jewtube creators are fine as long as you consider their "product" the video. If you contribute to their patreon or turn off adblock for them, do it because you enjoy their content, not because they are craftsmen. I watch ave because he's fun to watch. Once in a while he turns out something slightly educational. I watch people like Matthias Wandel and Stefan Gotteswinter because they are fucking smart as shit. I watch Clicksprint because the production value is amazing and he puts a lot of effort into each component.

I watch tons of of people on youtube making shit. It is fun to watch and provides me with a little motivation. Sometimes I learn a new technique.

I also started making shitty youtube videos a month ago (I try to release one a week). I'm shit at everything I do, it motivates me to do small projects and document them, which is another project. I have 4 subscribers, but it doesn't matter. It makes me do stuff and if a random video helps 1 person, it's worthwhile.
>>
>>1044651
she has good creative and artistic abilities but her skills aren't amazing. mostly her videos just sadden me because i will never find a girl like her.
>>
>>1045360
>i will never find a girl like her.
Are you a lesbian? Because that would be a good place to start.
>>
>>1044994

just like kipkay
>>
>>1044651
Why did she block her door?

Why did she choose that type of wood?

It looks so much like shit I'm actually having a stroke.
>>
>>1044987
This Old Tony is great!!
Great sense of humor and really high quality videos!
I hope he make videos more often!

AvE is also cool, he experiments with everything and does "impossible" things!

Most DIYers on youtube are now making the same shit over and over, they have trends. Most really bored me.
Diresta and Kampf, and Waelder are good, but now they don't upload very often and their projects are on hold. I guess they will recover their inspiration in the next monts.

ABout machinist, i always look for Italian and Russian machinist. They have ways of working that you don't often see.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSfzgv4u_eZzrpHDXBFUasA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyw8UPfMJsP-I6O4wEuXH3A

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiI9dycdn0JFd6nJChx7KzQ

And THE MASTER, Sergey Alexandrovich
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8-B3IZia7BnjfWic46R_g
He's awesome, i don't understand shit about what he's talking, but he makes cool stuff
>>
>>1045352
Post youtube? I would like to see some "bad" ways to do things, because there are so many ways of making things alright.
>>
>>1045791
I would prefer not to get doxed by 4chan.
>>
>>1045269
It's called sponsorship. They gave it to her for free, so she uses it in her videos.
>>
>>1044902
This dude is a welder but he makes a lot of his own tools like trailers, cranes and bending brakes.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJAFY2kKKb5sg79yld7T3hA
>>
>>1046354
ShillE2009

I used to like some of his videos. His welding skills were never spectacular. His voice was always annoying. But now that all he does is shill for various items, it's really fucking terrible "content."

The more I watch of that crap the more I realize that weldingtipsandtricks provides the only welding content worth watching.
>>
>>1046357
Yeah his welding skills and knowledge are literal red neck "I learnded it good nuff in nah garage so that's enough for me" tier shit.

Weldingtipsandtricks and the weld.com chabbel on youtube are the only ones worth the watch.

Jodies into series video sets for stick, mig, flux, core, and tig are probably the best on the internet.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.