[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motorised spinning tops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: motor.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
motor.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
I've been wondering for a while how feasable it would be to make a cheap motor compatible with hasbro's beyblade parts.

My thinking is using a motor for the base of the blade and stacking the attack rings on top.

I only know school shit when it comes to circuits but would be willing to read up on how create/power a motor.

Anyone know any good starting points for this?
>>
OP here, I'm inclined to do something as described in this video since it utilises a screw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux-QGhbjOA0

I'm thinking the screw can be replaced with a big bolt that can hold all the parts together (if fastened somehow at the bottom) and the magnet and battery can be placed above the spinning top, with the wire running down the outside.

Is there any way to do this with a watch battery though?
>>
>>1044575
Uh, you got any pics of these beyblade motors?
>>
File: hi9DXUz.jpg (41KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
hi9DXUz.jpg
41KB, 700x394px
>>1044610
I haven't decided which motors do go for. Pic related are the two parts that I'd like to fasten with a bolt.

I'm now thinking of skipping the motor entirely and using a magnetic bolt like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Geocache-nano-magnetic-bolt-silver-metalic-grey-/252321556533

Placing a battery on top and then taping a wire anywhere on the blade as it is all metal. The bolt (and therefore the whole body) should spin since it's magnetic, right? I wouldn't need any neodynium magnets.
>>
>>1044587
>>1044614
I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about, but it's not going to work.
>>
>>1044634
Why wouldn't it? The beginning of that video explains what I'm talking about
>>
Would a fly wheel work better?
>>
>>1044575
>Motorised spinning tops

gyroscope
>>
>>1044643
Look I knew exactly what the video was about. Homopolar motors(that magnet thing) are shit.

I don't understand what it is you want to do. Do you have some broken beyblade toy that needs a new motor? Do you want to make the beyblade spin super fast? Do you want to make the beyblade spin on its own?

I don't understand what in fucks name you want to do. Your idea of using a fucking geocache to make a homopolar motor mounted on a top is not gonna work very well.

Fucking christ, I don't even know what the hell a bayblade is.
>>
I rigged a dremel up to a stone sphere and it spun for 7 minutes, kinda not safe
>>
>>1044714
Bayblade (n): A fucking spinning top that kids have been playing with for generations but has now gotten a spanking new name and its own tv show (Thanks capitalism!)
>>
>>1044714
Calm down dear.

I want to make one that will spin by itself without being launched. If that's the case then I'll look for another method.
>>
>>1044744
Just build it the way you originally intended.
Then come back and ask why it doesn't work.
>>
>>1044956
I'll do this my man, just need to know if the homopolar motor will work with a watch battery.
>>
>>1044744
How about something like this? It seems to spin on its own.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eL91gDhq8s

>>1044977
Hardly, if at all. I would not recommend trying to build a tiny electric motor, just buy a pager motor or similar, they are pretty cheap.
>>
>>1044977
>I'll do this my man, just need to know if the homopolar motor will work with a watch battery.
About the only 'real' motors you can find that will spin when powered by a watch battery are the little coreless motors. They have *very* high RPMs but not a lot of torque.

These are used in mobile phone / beeper vibrators, as well as the motors for the tiny palm-size indoor quadcopters.

These are just brushed-DC motors, so you can connect them straight to a battery to run then. They just need DC power to run, they don't need any kind of microcontroller.

Most of these motors are rated for 4.2 volts maximum, but they don't last long when run that hard (in quadcopters). They'd prolly last a lot longer run at 1 ~ 2 volts.

They don't cost much on aliexpress. <$2 each, + shipping.
The largest ones are 8520 size (8.5mm diameter x 20mm long).
The highest-torque (but lower-RPM) ones are 1015 size (10mm diameter x 15mm long).
The smallest ones I found were 6 x 14mm.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.