[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ripping Audio and Subs from DVD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: itunes-audio-format.png (59KB, 443x194px) Image search: [Google]
itunes-audio-format.png
59KB, 443x194px
sup /diy/

I have some DVD's and blurays. I have the corresponding video files on my media player. I got the files from downloading torrents and what-not. Thing is, the included subs on the downloads that i have suck, and they're also missing the commentary tracks for the TV shows.

Is there a way to JUST rip the audio tracks and subs from my DVD's and Blu-rays? My computer is complete shit(C2D, 4gb of ram) so transcoding the video would take an obscene amount of time(I tried doing 1 episode and it was saying 2+ hours for low-compression HEVC. Not practical for 100+ episode series) so redoing everything isnt practical. Mixing the downloaded files with the audio and subs i rip from the disc is way better, if its possible.

I tried using handbreak but there does not seem to be the option to *JUST* rip sections of the file... Its either Video on its own, or video + other stuff.
>>
wrong board ask >>>/g/
>>
File: Screenshot (173).png (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (173).png
127KB, 1920x1080px
>>1044373
>Is there a way to JUST rip the audio tracks and subs
Does this answer your question?
>>
>>1044373
>>1044593
Same person here, only an idiot would use HEVC at this particular moment.
HEVC (H.265) is an experimental codec that offers only 10-20% more compression over H.264, in exchange for 3-5x the encoding times.

What you are looking for is not an encoder. You are looking for a muxer for a container format like MKV.
The software MKV Toolnix can mux multiple video and audio streams together, along with miscellaneous stuff like subtitles and cover art.
>>
>>1044601
Sane people do not encode on their own computers.
They will farm the work out to a server (their own, if they happen to own one). Typically this is a dedicated VPS, although there is nothing wrong with using, for example, Amazon EC2 or Microsoft Azure.
>>
- find a tool to extract the IDX and SUB files from the DVD
- play the video with VLC and load the subtitle file to see if it's synchronized
- if so, you can either use MKVTOOLIX-GUI to embed the subs in the movie file (assuming it's an MKV file), or convert the IDX/SUB to SRT

easiest way is just to google to see if the subs already exist in one of the many subtitle websites.
>>
>>1044373
HVEC is stupid right now. Use x264 with the speed options to tune your speed and file size ratios.

DVD subtitles are stored as raster images that are superimposed on the screen. Bluray supports both that format and text streams.

There's extraction tools out there that will rip the raster frames and OCR them. Some better than others.

I can't remember the name of the one I used but it would show you the letters it was guessing and the region on the subtitle it appeared. If it was a 100% match pixel for pixel it would use what You'd already told it. If it wasnt a 100% match it would guess and ask you to confirm.

It was a bit tedious. But I did the stargates in a weekend. Season shows are easy since the subtitles for every episode are mastered all in one go so you can use the same training on all the episodes.

There were other less involved converters but I didn't like their accuracy.

If its bluray:
ffmpeg -i "path/to/mtsfile"

It will spit out a list of streams. Youll see subtitles listed by language and track and their stream id.

Lets say you want the English, English Descriptive, and Directors commentary. Ffmpeg might tell you those streams are respectively 0:10, 0:11, and 0:20

So now you can do:
ffmpeg -i "path/to/video file" -i "path/to/mtsfile" -c copy -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 1:10 -map 1:11 -map 1:20 output-video.mkv

Notice that 0:10 and the like changed to 1:10 because the bluray mts file was loaded secondly to the original video file. This will spit out a file very fast since its only copying streams.

If you only want to extract the Directors comentary you could do
ffmpeg -i "path/to/mtsfile" -map 0:20 "movie-name.en.directors.srt"
That will give you a seperate srt file to throw in the directory without remuxxing the streams.
>>
>>1044373
WHY ARE YOU ASKING THIS HERE. fucking go back to /g/, and fucking Google DVD ripping software. you can do this with any of them, surely.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.