[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My new office chair's cylinder cover thing was put in slanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: mSYb.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
mSYb.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
My new office chair's cylinder cover thing was put in slanted so the chair tilts awkwardly. Feels like I'm falling forward if I turn one way, and that I'm leaning back if I turn the other.
I think it's this thing's fault.
Problem is, it's jammed the hell in there. How do I remove it without making a lot of noise or breaking the star wheel holder?
>>
>>1044075
You sure it's not one of the wheels that's fucked up? That can throw it off balance.
>>
>>1044079
The wheels are perfectly fine. It's gotta be this black thing. Looked at it from different angles, it's definitely bent.
>>
Hit it with a rubber mallet on the bottom until it pops out. Or put a piece of wood on the bottom of the cylinder and whack it with anything until it pops out.
>>
>>1044238
Bringing rubber mallets in to the office is generally frowned upon
>>
Once that goes it's done. You may be able to put some duct tape around the post that sits in that hole to take the wobble out. However, it won't spin anymore.Otherwise you'll need a new one.The fact that it's jammed in there is another problem.That's only held in there by gravity. That thing should just lift out.Did you check the bolts holding the tilt unit to the chair bottom?Those come loose quit often.One of the leg wheel posts could be wallowed out. Most likely the bearings in that black thing[forget the name] are gone.You might find one in the garbage by the side of the road or you could call the manufacturer and get a new one. If you have something hot in the office other than a coworker you may be able to heat it up and loosen it through expansion.Like the other guys said noise is what will work.
>>
Alright thanks guys, bought a cheap rubber mallet and pounded it out real quick.
Looks like the hole made in the plastic star base is crooked, not sure I can get it replaced since I lost the receipt, so just in case I can't, anywhere you can buy parts like this online?
>>
>>1044330
Fuck tha police, sheeple. You want to deal with that shit 5 days a week, or you want to fix that shit?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.