[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /diy/ I came up with this idea to put a solar panel inside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: solar.png (18KB, 1319x501px) Image search: [Google]
solar.png
18KB, 1319x501px
So /diy/
I came up with this idea to put a solar panel inside a cone to not only harvest energy from one side of a solar panel but from both sides

Maximizing the total energy harvested
what do you think?
>>
Won't the sides of the cone cast a shadow?
>>
>>1043476
not if you're pointing at the sun using the solar panel as a guide to point to the sun you can also automate this by programming a sensor the follow the sun.
>>
>>1043475
so instead of using one side of a solar panel exposed to the sun you use both sides + a cone so you get half power on both sides?
>>
>>1043475
The effective tilt would be impossible to achieve in a way to beat out a square solar panel of the same area.
>>
>>1043497
Edit to this:
I see what you mean now, the panel is slotted into a conic section of mirror, effectively making a smaller version of those huge tower solar plants like in Sahara.
>>
>>1043498
yes a mini one cheap to make
>>
>>1043504
We've been studying solar energy for a few decades now, and mirrors directed at dishes has been tried, but it is so expensive to implement on a useful scale, and sun tracking at a set angle with a flat panel works best in practice, so you'd be sacrificing efficiency to increase the number of solar panels by 1 for every 1, and I would be willing to wager that both with energy and economic efficiency, the plain Jane way is the best for temperate semi-flat biomes.
>>
>>1043498
Those boil water and use turbines and not photovoltaic cells.
>>
>>1043514
Yeah, because that is how reflection is best utilized over surface area. Panels do better with direct light.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.