[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would this work, or will the efficiency be terrible since the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: solarq.png (14KB, 728x421px) Image search: [Google]
solarq.png
14KB, 728x421px
Would this work, or will the efficiency be terrible since the charger requires 100-240v?
>>
>>1043449

Entirely possible that the charger simply won't work. Most switching supplies like that require a minimum of ~80V.

Just get a 6V/12V charger and us that instead. Just make sure it's switchmode, not linear.
>>
>>1043451
So you're saying a higher voltage charger will have a lower minimum input?

btw, thanks for the fast reply
>>
File: 1472077272426.jpg (46KB, 728x421px) Image search: [Google]
1472077272426.jpg
46KB, 728x421px
>>
>>1043457

No, I'm saying you should get a charger that's made to take a lower-voltage source. There are plenty around. Looking for "USB buck converter" on eBay or whatever will turn up plenty of things you could use, although, really, you should have higher voltage on your panel 6V should be a minimum output, not maximum. And, in that case, you'll also want to ensure power to the converter cuts out when the panel goes below 6V to prevent unstable operation.

Additionally, you realize that your panel, at max, only outputs 3.6W, while your 5V, 1A requirement is 5W. Not even including the conversion losses.

There are little chargers made to hook up solar panels, but they're generally more expensive than the cheap wall adapters or bare buck converters.
>>
>>1043469
Makes sense now, went with a cheapo converter like >>1043465
Will upgrade panel if insufficient.

Thanks everyone(two)
>>
>>1043473
>go to ebay
>search for 1-6-5V-to-5V-USB-auto-boost-buck-step-up-down-DC-DC-converter-Voltage-regulator

panel only putting out 3V? - steps up to 5V
panel putting out 6V? reduces it to 5V
>>
>>1043481
Canceled my hasty order because this is cheaper/better than what I had

great find
>>
Your device is drawing 5 watts, that solar panel is supplying a max of 3.6w in absolute perfect conditions. You should be looking at a solar panel that exceeds the device draw and pair it with a suitable converter. There are many 15 watt panels out there fairly cheap.

You may want to put a battery in parallel with this to hold any additional supply and give a more consistent charge.

I picked up a 40 watt 12v panel to charge a large battery. This has remained fairly consistent to charge my phone and run a 10 watt turtle shell speaker.
>>
>>1043449
Assuming the blue thing on the right is a battery, it will output 5V. To charge a battery that outputs 5V, you need to push in more than 5V to surpass the output voltage.

In the case that that's a LiPO or a LiIon or any other battery that doesn't output 5V, using 5V to charge it will work, especially because LiIon cell potential is about 3.7V. Also that looks like an AC charger in your picture, which requires AC to work. Transformers do not work with DC, they require the constantly changing magnetic field/magnetic flux to induce an alternating current from an alternating current. Continue to learn.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.