[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fixing my front axle!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: s-l500.jpg (11KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
11KB, 500x375px
Hey, so I've got no talent for this.

I had to get my front wheel off, it was stuck and I didnt a rubber mallet or anything decent to knock it out with, so I used a screw driver and a wrench to punch it out.

The screwdriver ended up damaging the threads of the axle and I couldnt get the nut on anymore.
So I bought a thread file and cleaned it up, however it only goes half way in now, I've repaired most of the damage but on one spot on the far end it's slightly thinner, the outer part of the nut can't get past it by hand strength.

Any ideas how to fix this? the thread file isnt really fixing that minor fault, the inner part of the nut goes past it but the outer just wont.

Trying to put the outer nut part in first, it wont turn more than half a turn, right when it'll pass that thinner area.

Any advice is much appreciated!
>>
File: die.jpg (6KB, 180x147px) Image search: [Google]
die.jpg
6KB, 180x147px
>>1043415

go buy a die of the right size & pitch
>>
>>1043429
tried to look for one that fits at the locally, none of the stores got one in the right size. would need to order and prefer to ride this weekend.

wouldnt it work taking a file and lowering the first line of the thread, where the nut wont pass by?
>>
>>1043435
i'd clean off the thread, put marker all over the thread, then put on the nut as far as you can. take off the nut and do your work with the file carefully where the marker is worn
>>
>>1043415
Put that thing together and torque it.
The nut will straighten those threads as it goes on.
Just make sure that its not cross threading as you start.
>>
>>1043415
>the outer part of the nut can't get past it by hand strength.
Use a wrench
>and a cheater bar if you need to
>>
crossthread is better than no thread at all.
>>
>>1043415
Show picture of nut, could be a lock nut.
>>
File: 20160817_221854.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160817_221854.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>1043645
>>
File: 1472112468418205364651.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1472112468418205364651.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>1043645
Here's the nut
>>
>>1043464
This one dude.

Recut the thread using the nut!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.