[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how the hell do I fix this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1389818488990.png (335KB, 1524x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1389818488990.png
335KB, 1524x1100px
Not sure this is the most appropriate place but here it is anyway.
For several days now my toilet has been clogged to some degree (voilently ill for days, unable to plunge it sooner) and now it's completely unable to drain no matter what I do.
Plunging endlessly is beyond hope and can't accomplish anything other than putting a vile liquid on my floor.
I have a bacterial drain cleaner but it does nothing because I can't flush it to get it to the clog further down.
I got my hands on what I'm fairly sure is a toilet snake but either it's not working or I have no clue what I'm doing with it. I just can't force the damn thing down where it needs to go and I REALLY don't want to have to stick my arms in that completely full bowl.
Would something like drano work even though I can't possibly flush it without overflow?
As for the clog, the bowl has a fair bit of fecal matter but I'm fairly sure there's a wad of toilet paper further down somewhere, possibly along with some amount of seeds. (I flushed a pound or so of poppy seeds over 3 or 4 flushes and didn't notice any trouble at the time.)
Basically I need any way to get this done without calling a plumber. I'd also appreciate advice on (SANITARY) ways of getting some of that water out of the bowl so I can work more vigorously without splashing.
In the meantime I'll see if I can get my hands on a better plunger. Turns out I wasn't using proper technique. pic unrelated
>>
Do you have a wet/dry vac? I think I'd try sucking everything out, then removing the toilet bowl to get rid of the bend, and either pour cleaner right into the drain or try to clear it with the snake or vacuum.

Something seems kinda off about your whole situation, though (Poppy seeds? Can't call a plumber? Uh huh), but that's none of my business.
>>
Trying to keep the people I'm living with (my parents because I'm disabled) from knowing I made poppy seed tea (basically a legal narcotic) a couple times recently because it would cause problems even if they realize I'm not an addict.
Not to mention that it just plain stinks soon after you're done with the seeds.
I don't look forward to the smell it would put out while working but using my Shop-Vac is a great idea. I'll go buy a better plunger before I try that because I think my cheapo one isn't getting a decent seal.
Part of the plumber deal is not wanting them to find out about the seeds that may or may not be in there, but I also don't want to burden them more than I already do, especially for a problem of my own doing.
If nothing else I'll rip out the toilet myself on one of my relatively good days.
>>
>>1043379
I'm all about DIY. but when it comes to this, just call in the pros. Theyll get it done faster than you ever could.

For fucks sake the other anon is suggesting removing the stool completely. Thats a lot of work you can fuck up if you don't know how to or can't fix it afterwards.

Not to mention youve been sick, the last thing your immune system needs is to be fucking around with the sewage parts of your home.
>>
>violently ill
>large volumes of poppy seeds

nice try, junkie
>>
>>1043379
They sell these metal snakes that you can shove down in there and clear blockages.

My advice though is buy the BEST plunger you can find and plunger the fuck out if the toliet in a hateful, forcefully violent manner. Push it in and yank it out as forcefully as you can. It works 9/10 and cheaper than the snake.

Draino is useless. Don't even bother with it.
>>
Just fucking snake it, for fuck's snake.
>>
Thanks for all the input. After over a dozen attempts with my crappy plunger, a snake, and some bacterial enzyme stuff, it turns out the solution was grabbing a plunger with the flanges instead of the cheap suction cup type.
It took under a minute to clear completely and I barely used any force because it was almost full to the brim.
I feel like a fucking retard for wasting hours on this problem that's solved with a few bucks and a trip to a store not a mile away.
sage
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.