[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you help me to make a jingasa ? (straw japanese hat)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: Sans titre.png (345KB, 533x775px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.png
345KB, 533x775px
Hello 4chan. I like this kind of hats. The attached files are pictures of the manga Shigurui. I don't want the conic one with horizontal braiding everybody usually sees, but this model, with flat top and a big knot above, holes for watching, and end of the straws ascending back.

I have no information on the material. I tried with young and slim bamboo and it was solid but I didn't managed to make a hat (first photo). The result is very bad, I just passed the vertical stems alternately front/back of the horizontal ones. The shape is not correct, but when I tried to bring closer the horizontal rings each other, the bamboos coerced and the structure broke. So the last time I let it in the actual shape it could support.

Next day I tried with bulrushes, the result is a little better, but not managed either (2nd picture). Bulrushes are more easier to work but when I try to bring the rings closer the bulrushes broke, cause this is less solid than bamboo.

Last picture with the man standing up was picked on the forum there : http://www.dagorhir.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=46711;area=showposts

If you have advice or you know video that shows how to assemblate, or what material it's made of, please tell me. Thanks.
>>
File: Sans titre2.png (158KB, 346x524px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre2.png
158KB, 346x524px
another picture of Shigurui
>>
File: bamboos.png (2MB, 606x1078px) Image search: [Google]
bamboos.png
2MB, 606x1078px
First test with bamboos (failure)
>>
File: bulrushes.png (2MB, 606x1078px) Image search: [Google]
bulrushes.png
2MB, 606x1078px
Second test with bulrushes (failure too)
>>
Falcatahoplite seen on

http://www.dagorhir.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=46711;area=showposts

with the right hat type I want.
>>
>>1042160
>>1042161
First step would be to use straw; they weren't made of full bamboo (though there might be split bamboo strips as hoops). Reading the thread you posted in >>1042162 would have told you that.
>>
https://archive.org/stream/strawhatstheirhi00inwauoft#page/n0/mode/2up

I was looking through some public domain stuff, this might help a bit.
>>
>>1042152
Rice straw.
Long weeds could be used as well, but wouldnt give the same look.
>>
File: komuso85.jpg (17KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
komuso85.jpg
17KB, 320x240px
Dude you want a Ronin-Gasa right...
>>
>>1042779
:OOO
>>
Ok guys thanks for your answers, there is a lot of searches I have to do now, so I won't answer again since I've tried with rice straw and searched informations with keyword "roningasa" even if I think that's a modern word to sell it, and not it real name in the japanese middle-age (I think that because I'm not sure ronins had forcely this type of hat or any type of anything 'cause ronin just means "samurai without lord to serve anymore")

I think that's like if I googled "cowboy hat" I would obtain the same type of hat but this type was wear by lot of people, not only cowboys.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.