[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An invention

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: woke.jpg (62KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
woke.jpg
62KB, 768x960px
I'd like to pitch an invention, nothing too complex. But I don't know what to do, as of right now it is just a thought in my head. Is there anywhere I can suggest this idea and get credit for? Not asking for a payday, but maybe a name reference?
>>
>>1042133
patent lawyer
>>
>>1042133
my non-professional perspective:
1. nobody pays for inventions that aren't proven in the marketplace
2. 99.999% of filed patents never make a dime--it's money thrown into the wind
3. all the countries that follow WIPO rules don't allow a patent (or will invalidate it) if it can be shown that there is prior art (a prior example) that existed, made or patented elsewhere by someone else, before the patent was filed

the short version is this:
A. you make the [whatever] and you start selling it yourself
B. you apply for a patent with the first ~$400 - $1200 you make in profits. in the US you can also get a [much cheaper] provisional patent, that lets you delay paying for a "real" patent for 1 year
C. if a company wants to buy the rights, they'll call you. not the other way around

A typical patent gets bought for well under $5K US
A really great patent might get bought for $20K
It's *really* tough to make a steady income as an inventor. It's much easier if you become a light-manufacturing owner
>>
>>1042169
any advice on where to start on light-manufacturing?
>>
>>1042171
Know how to make things.
>>
>>1042171
Have money.
>>
>>1042169
An addition to this truth bomb: having a patent as an individual is more about bragging rights than it is about money. Unless you already have the capital to start making the product yourself or its such a game changer that the world will be beating a path to your door then you will likely never make a dime.

There are people that patented good ideas and products and the industry said we'd rather wait 20 years for the patent to expire and pay you nothing then offer you a plugged nickel and start production tomorrow.

>>1042171
This >>1042173
This >>1042176
And already have the tools to do it yourself.
>>
>>1042200
yeah really, the marketing business sounds extremely greedy.
but, the having money and knowing how to build stuff.. that sounds fair enough.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.