[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tutorial for these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: plst_tipla.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
plst_tipla.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
Are there any good youtube videos or articles about how to use these? Types, what drill size should i use etc.
How much weight can i put on them? Size and type of the screw i should use them with?
Are there articles about this hitting NASA level of autism? (like with that NASA soldering guide)
I am mostly drilling shit into wall made of bricks and plaster.
>>
>>1041851
They come with instructions. They will tell you the hole size for you to pick the drill size, how deep, and what kind of screws. How much weight depends on what you are putting the holes in, and that depends on the actual structure of your building, so it is a widely uncontrolled environment so it is impossible to have specific guidelines other than general rules of thumb.

How much weight <-- assume zero because your wall can have defect and will crumble at exactly the point you drill, if you are really unlucky. As long as you don't go full retard i.e. mount a car on a wall with one of these, you are fine.
>>
>>1041851
Use drill that is about 2mm wider than hole. Than just the hammer plastic bit in the wall
>>
>>1041851
Use nail-in-anchors or rawlbolts instead if its a heavy weight that you're mounting
>>
>>1041851
Hammerfix screws are 100% better and easier to use.

If it's really heavy, as mentioned, rawlbolts.
>>
>>1041851
Your wall plug has a marking: ⌀10, that means you need drill of 10 mm in diameter.
If there is no marking, just take calipers and measure.

These plugs might not hold if mounted in plaster. These plugs won't hold if mounted in drywall. Other kind of plugs is designed for drywall.

>Size and type of the screw i should use them with?
If it's not on the box, check for standard sizes.
For 10mm plug, anything from 6 to 8mm should work.
Length: adter mounting, the screw should be slightly longer than the plug.
Type? Either a screw designed for those, or any screw (not a bolt, unless it's a specific concrete or drywall plug, but these come with bolts anyway).

Select plug long enough to sit in the brick.

>How much weight can i put on them?
Static force? Dynamic?
Direction? Shear force? Breaking force? Bending force? (these names are wild guesses for siła zrywająca, siła ściająca and siła łamiąca that are specified in datasheets)

> Are there articles about this hitting NASA level of autism
Hilti had at some point of time very detailed catalog with all this shit.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.