[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noob DIYer wanting to make concrete planters. Advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: iheartmonga.jpg (124KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
iheartmonga.jpg
124KB, 500x375px
OK.....My porch is boring and I want to make my own planters, big and small, to use.....but I've never done any diy stuff before so I don't know anything about it, really.
Any advice? Also, creative ideas using other materials encouraged, as long as I don't have to buy a shitload of expensive stuff.
Thank you
(Pic not related)
>>
>>1041689
>dont know anything
google
>>
>>1041689
Go to YouTube, there's a million and one videos on how to make planters.
>>
I already have, but there is always little stuff you don't know with every project....excuse me for thinking this board would be sympathetic about that...I'll go back to /b/ ...at least there I know it's shit but some posts are pretty entertaining.
I'm kind of disappointed, honestly.
Clique-y board.....
>>
File: image.jpg (679KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
679KB, 1000x1000px
>>1041734
>>
>>1041734
Ask specific questions. If theres something you don't understand or an aspect you think you'd have issues with/want to do differently from the information you were able to glean from internet searches.
Planters can be made from old milk jugs (the steel 5 gallon farmer style) or whiskey barrels- all depends on what "look" your going for.
An engine block can be used if that's the style you want.

If you're doing concrete, more expensive concrete generally has smaller aggregate (rocks), I've also found that 60 pound bags have smaller aggregate than 80 pound bags from same manufacturer.
>>
Larger aggregate is less prone to crack.
Don't mix the concrete too wet.
Add some reinforcement somewhere if you can, like rebar, threaded rod and/or ladder reinforcement.
Use melamine board to make a form. It's has a waterproof surface.
Silicone caulk for the corners.
Vibrate the form after you've poured your concrete it. It helps air bubble rise to the top and pop.
Cover the planter as it's curing to lengthen the curing process. It will help strengthen the concrete and less prone to cracking.
You might consider painting the inside of the planter with some type of pool coating or tremproof 201/60.
>>
File: Gorilla_tshirtZoom_original.jpg (35KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
Gorilla_tshirtZoom_original.jpg
35KB, 375x375px
>>1043011
Noice. OP was right. Watched a vidya times 1000 on this and learned stuff from u.

Thanks.

Also, recoment lawn sculpture vids as they are related.

Silicone and fiberglass molds anon.

Get it!
This rich dude i know said he spent $14,000 mutherfucking dollars EACH on like 10 planters for his property. I told him i could make the same fucking thing for half that WITH his company logo. Told him first one is free if he likes it and buys at least 5 off me. Relatively cheap gamble on my end +/- a grand? For some supplies and then make 4 more for 7k each... just hope i can match or beat the quality.

Honestly think i can.

These fuckers are huge though.

Pic related. But his a concrete and probably equivelent to a fucking truck cab.

Fuckit

Pic gone

#dicksoutforharambe
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.