[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bike Repair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 20160819_134844.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160819_134844.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
The piece on the bike used to push the pedal fell off and I am stuck in the middle of nowhere and have no tools. Help Asap please.
>>
>>1041088
You're fucked. Pedal with the other side
>>
>>1041088
Take off a screw from a less important part of the bike and use it to get you by.
>>
>>1041088
You're turbo fucked; crank needs a special socket IIRC. Start walking, find a shop, or both.
>>
>>1041088
Have fun on your new scooter, OP!
>>
>>1041088
That's a square taper BB, if you have the (crank) arm and pedal still you can wedge that on, but you will destroy the arm and BB riding it like that. Seems like you have no other choice, and online or in a bike shop those parts will run you about 50 total plus whatever labor charge for installation. If you're too far out to walk back, this is worth it.

Bascally, find a large dense rock that fits in one hand, preferably with a smooth face on one side.

Line the crank on that square peg, make sure it's not facing the same direction as the other arm, and smack it on there. Start lightly and once the arm is pretty well in place hit a little harder.

The arm will seat as best as you can hope for after 5 good hits or so. Ride it carefully, stop and use your rock (or another dense flat object) to keep that arm on occasionally. This is tedious, hopefully someone else has a better fix, but you'll get yourself back home.
>>
>>1041088
Almost fucked up, >>1041156 is right, you will destroy the crank arm if you continue pedaling.

You need a new M8x1 Bolt to fix the crank to the spindle.
>>
>>1041585
Just go to local hardware/automotive store and get a bolt.
>>
>>1041088
Take off a sock/belt whatever you have.
Wrap it around your foot and the petal that's still attached.
You'll be able to push/pull with that one foot to get the bike moving until you can get to a replacement bolt.
>>
>>1042972
I suppose you could use shoelace to lash foot to petal also- whatever is available.
>>
>>1041107
They just use regular bolts, not some kind of arcane trans-dimensional cotter pin assembly.

You need a crank arm puller to get one off without deforming the crank arm or spindle.

>>1041094
>no tools

>>1041088
Hope you like walking.
Though judging by the condition, you don't give two shits about your bike, so just find a rock or log or something and wedge the crank arm back on, repeat as needed until you either get to your destination or fuck it up enough that it stops working.
>>
File: 1468968490070.jpg (59KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1468968490070.jpg
59KB, 500x669px
>>1043323
it's been 4 days, OP is in morgue to be identified
>>
>>1041088
>the middle of nowhere
>internet signal
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.