[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we received a non-working microcontroller at work and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: what.jpg (66KB, 437x259px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
66KB, 437x259px
So we received a non-working microcontroller at work and the provider replaced it without asking any question. I decided to open it out of interest and that's what I found. Is that thermal paste? Is that a technique I didn't know about? How the fuck does that happen?
>>
>>1040986
some kind of sealant maybe
>>
File: KEK.jpg (9KB, 233x205px) Image search: [Google]
KEK.jpg
9KB, 233x205px
>>1040986
i wonder why they didnt ask questions
>>
>>1040986
u can always try to peal it off, maybe you'll have 2 controllers working.
>>
>>1040986
loks like termal conductive glue or hot glue just peel it of if you dont need it
dosnt the casing on that part shorting out the integrated circuit?
>>
Looks like someone used shitty glue to pin down a clock crystal to stop it flapping around. Be careful if you peel it off it might rip the crystal pin off the board and they've probably used that type because the surface mount i would have expected to see has fallen off.
>>
File: new_bubblegum.jpg (254KB, 1007x414px) Image search: [Google]
new_bubblegum.jpg
254KB, 1007x414px
>>1040986
looks like a old bubblegum

take it off, and apply pic related lifehack

thank me later
>>
I guess they fucked up the design and had to use a pass-through oscillator that couldn't fit in the enclosure. They used that silicon paste to hold everything together.
>>
>>1040986
>So we received a non-working microcontroller at work and the provider replaced it without asking any question. I decided to open it out of interest and that's what I found. Is that thermal paste? Is that a technique I didn't know about? How the fuck does that happen?
>>1040986
Looks like a piece of ham...
>>
its silastic, the same shit they put on capacitors and other bigger components to prevent them from flapping around in the breeze
>>
>>1041921
>flapping around in the breeze
>unironically quoting eevblog fag
>>
>>1041924
>"flapping around in the breeze" is a memorable quote from one particular youtuber
remove your tinfoil hat and take your pills instead...

>and im not even that anon
>he is right about the silastic
>>
>>1041921
>its silastic,
this or something equivalent
It's in cell phones, switching power supplies, and all kinds of electronic devices
>>
>>1041924
>eevblog fag
name a better general electronics jewtuber, protip: you cant
>>
>>1041984

We should do a go fund me for a voice box transplant for that poor fellow.
>>
File: sparky.jpg (20KB, 450x315px) Image search: [Google]
sparky.jpg
20KB, 450x315px
>>1041987
inorite? dave's voice is like having coil whine inside your back teeth.

but instead of making the biggest guy bigger, why not buy mikeselectricstuff a couple of studio lights and a macro lens that actually fucking focuses? or teach mrcarlsonslab the meaning of tl;dr?
>>
File: image.jpg (395KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
395KB, 1920x1080px
>>1040986

>microcontroller
>decided to open it up

You found all that inside of the microcontroller?
>>
>>1041924
I fondly remember this song my friends and I would sing in 2nd grade, far before youtube was around.
"My dingding is flapping in the breeze, and whenever I hang it out to take a whiz, people say OOH LA LA and have sex with it"
Thanks for the memories, anon.
>>
>>1041921
>flapping around in the breeze
fuck off, Dave
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.