[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got access to a 3D printer at school. What's some simple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Just got access to a 3D printer at school. What's some simple but useful stuff I should start designing and printing?
>>
>>1040789
Use the printer to fix something that is broken. For example, make a new part to replace a broken plastic part. Or make spares of a plastic part which may break, or has in the past.

Print a part to fix a problem - a set of clips or 'holder' for cables at your computer.

A stand for your phone, with or without charging cable integrated.

Do you have any hobbies that you could print parts for - WarHammer figures, custom mount for a camera on your bike/helmet,

Interlocking parts, just for the learning experience - chains, swivel joints, wheels, gears etc.

A Spirograph clone.

Puzzle pieces - Pentominoes etc.

A holder for phone charging cable that attaches to the powerpoint, used to neaten up cables.

Do you have brothers or sisters, friends etc that have hobbies you could print for?
>>
>>1040789

Print parts so you can make your own

Or go snoop around for designs and things to print. Thingverse & things like that could be a start.
>>
derailier hangers for mountain bikes...

or don't! Thats my thing.
>>
Things I managed to 3d print at school;
Lego pieces (Some unconventional designs available)
Super soaker
Casings for electronics
Boxes (for keeping items in)
Quadcopter support structure
Headsets/Earphones

Things I didn't manage to 3d print at school;
Parts for making a 3d printer (Too many pieces)
Sunglasses/safety glasses (couldn't decide)
Screwpieces (too difficult to design properly)
>>
Please don't print useless shit - If you can't think of something you need to print, don't print anything at all, and godforbid that you download some 'phone case' or some crap..
>>
>>1041295
I think 3D printers are a great tool for printing advanced things (like parts to a robot), but if people just want to be creative what's wrong with that?

Also, please give some ideas of what you think a beginner should print
>>
>>1040798
Pretty much this. It's like buying a welding machine and then asking what you should weld. You can weld the hoe head back on, tack some broken stuff back together, make brackets, build a trailer, etc. Printer is the same way. Make a flat thing that you put the end of your toothpaste in and slide it up to extract all of the toothpaste without having to crumple the tube all up. Reprint a broken part. Make a new body for an RC car or helicopter. Print gears and shit and make a robot. Drumsticks, vase, chess set. Halloween is coming up print a skeleton hand. K-cup carousel. Crap like that
>>
>>1040789

Dragon dildos and molds for dragon dildos. Also some butt plugs.
>>
>>1041295
That's nice dear
>>
>>1041299
I'm entirely for creative people using 3D printers, if you actually model up your own shitty phone case. But if you download some crap off a website with 'magic hexagon paterns', please use the power of injection molding and buy that from the powerhouse of Chinese production, rather than wasting power and plastic.
>>
>>1041951
Yeah I got an otterbox so I'm good on a phone case
>>
Print an AR-15 lower out of wax. Do lost wax casting. Sell. Profit. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>1041967
>sell
Do not do this step.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.