[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

forming some threads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: heck_yeah_I'm_gonna_tap_that.jpg (79KB, 569x496px) Image search: [Google]
heck_yeah_I'm_gonna_tap_that.jpg
79KB, 569x496px
Are there better products out there besides jb weld for when you need to fill a void and cut threads into it?
>>
>>1040358
ER70S-6
>>
Helicoils depending on how large the hole is.
>>
>>1040363
welding wire?

>>1040460
that won't work for this
>>
>>1040358
>fill a void and cut threads into it?
>fill a void
>a void

You must be talking about your head.
Because if there was anything in there you would have told us what material this void is in.
>>
>>1040593
gas regulator, guessing aluminum
>>
>>1040605
>gas regulator,
Natural gas?
1-1/2" NPT?
>>
>>1040612
propane
>>
>>1040618
Use J-B Weld to "weld" a nipple in the regulator without trying to make new threads.
Adjust your mating fittings to go to the nipple instead of the female thread in the regulator.
>>
>>1040625
that was the other option I was thinking about
>>
dude, get something bigger,thread/ plug the hole

then thread that for the reg

like a thread adapter
>>
>>1040646
run that by one more time
>>
>>1040635
Just mix up the J-B Weld and use it like pipe dope.
Put in generously on the nipple threads.
Screw in into the messed up threads and wait a day.
>>
>>1040652
tap the hole you already have for something

plug that hole with something

then drill and tap the plug for your 1 1/2 thread
>>
>>1040358
solder in the void then drill then tap it?
>>
>>1040358
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bernzomatic-AL3-Aluminum-Brazing-and-Welding-Rods-334491/203710179

this stuff

remove any heat sensitive parts like rubber diaphragms and gaskets, clean off the area with a stainless steel brush, heat up with propane torch, apply rods
>>
>>1040618
How much pressure?
>>
>>1040684
>How much pressure?
I've given up on this guy
He hasn't confirmed the size thread
Hasn't posted a pic of the device
Hasn't said if it's the in or out on the regulator

I've tried to be helpful but I'm not begging for more info now...
>>
>>1040656
there aren't exactly threads where I want them, hence the filling and cutting

>>1040658
lay off that whiskey, and let that cocaine be

>>1040670
pretty sure solder would neither stick, or hold strong enough

>>1040678
possibly, but I don't know if that amount of heat would damage the stuff that cannot be removed

>>1040684
regular pressure?

>>1040687
where are we, lowes?
who are you, a sales associate?
it was a general question, I wasn't looking for anything beyond a general answer
>>
>>1040678
do this with this
>>1040625
>>
>>1040591
>welding wire?
Of course. Since you didn't specify a material, I assumed carbon steel and gave an answer based on that. Since it's aluminum (of an unknown alloy), ER4043.
>>
>>1040695
>lay off that whiskey, and let that cocaine be

holy fuck i said fucking thread adapter. i could explain it better if you told us what the fuck you are trying to do with out being so fucking vague

make a fucking thread adapter or use a fucking thread adapter

>it was a general question, I wasn't looking for anything beyond a general answer

the whole fucking thread is full of general answers

you keep saying no it wont work

and you wont tell us what you are doing

what the fuck does regular pressure even mean asshole?
atmospheric? thats pretty regular every day

just remember ,
you are the asshole
who doesnt know what hes doing,
asking us for help

jam a piece of aluminum in the fucking hole
drill the aluminum and tap to size

or weld it up

everything else, in a fucking "regular pressure " application , that cant stand up to the head, will not work

general faggot
>>
>>1041198
have some pretzels with that salt
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.