[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I goofed today: The power was out today so my garage door

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

So I goofed today:

The power was out today so my garage door did not open and I did not have my house keys on me so I tried looking for my spare keys which were in a hidden fake sprinkler.

Here is where I fucked up:
I had my lawn resodded a few months ago, and completely neglected the spare key and it rained hard just a few minutes ago. So I had to claw the mud up to find it. So I eventually find a sprinkler head and start pulling at it and finally twist it out (attributing the force I needed to the mud sucking it back in) only to realize that it was NOT my fake sprinkler head that had my spare (it was a few feet away) but I actually twisted out a whole real sprinkler unit, (pic related) which is still intact as far as I can tell.

So my question is: Can I replace it myself easily without fucking the whole irrigation system up and if so, how? I have all day tommorow but it's late now. Otherwise should I hire a professional (I really am avoiding that option) to fix it?

Tldr:
unscrewed a whole sprinkler head by accident now I need to put it back in how do I do it without fucking my irrigation system up?
>>
>>1040307
when it's light, go dig out around the sprinkler a tiny bit. They come apart in to four or five pieces a filter and a spring. It's not really that complicated. You'll probably figure it out just looking at it for a second.

They aren't super strong. Check the part you pulled out, you might have broken the bit that retains it in the sprinkler head. It's not a big deal to replace, just go down to home store and buy the thing and unscrew your old one and put the new one back in.
>>
>>1040311
It's the whole unit with the spring and everything contained inside of it, it's an open pipe right now I think.
>>
File: 20160817_141550-1.jpg (1MB, 2284x2189px) Image search: [Google]
20160817_141550-1.jpg
1MB, 2284x2189px
Pic us the hole I dug out with my hands earlier like a tard, there is nothing significant left in there.

So I take a shovel to it and dig it even more tommorow till I can see where to screw it in flush the system by running and put the sprinkler back on, yeah?

Pics of the sprinkler to come.
>>
>>1040307
Sounds like you jsut unscrewed the riser from the base pipe. Should be a simple matter to screw it back in. If needed, dig down to the pipe to be sure. Make sure you run water through the system briefly to expel any mud from the pipe before you reattach the sprinkler.
>>
>>1040312
So underneath the grass hole, your PVC irrigation has a 'T' or 90' turn.

This turn has a female threaded socket in it facing up.
If you pulled the sprinkler out with it, there may be a stub of pipe with threads on both ends. If you don't have it, then it's still in the hole.

Just screw the sprinkler back into it.

If it's an edge sprinkler with a particular spray pattern, then you can pull up the head section and adjust it when you are done screwing it back in.
>>
>>1040326
>>1040328
Sounds easy and forty bucks or more saved, thanks lads.
Do you want pics of the unit I pulled up to see if it's worse than what I make it sound to yall?
>>
>>1040330
Post em if there's a problem.
>>
>>1040335
I'll update tommorow I'm going to bed
>>
>>1040307

what a dumbshit
>>
>>1040328
>Just screw the sprinkler back into it.

This. You might want to turn the sprinkler system valve on slightly to push any dirt that fell in the pipe back up first.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.