[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /diy/ My home heating oil tank ruptured a few months ago.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: ZitVgGSh - Copy.jpg (104KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
ZitVgGSh - Copy.jpg
104KB, 1024x640px
Hello /diy/

My home heating oil tank ruptured a few months ago. I haven't used the oil in at least 10 years (we switched to electric), but there was probably a few quarts still leftover in the tank. I cleaned up the mess the best I could, but it was on a dirt floor in the basement, so that shit all seeped into the ground.

The EPA cannot get involved, as my house was built to code by 1910 standards, and they would demand it to be torn down.

Is there any way I could go about testing my water for contaminants? I feel a little uneasy drinking this shit now.
>>
>>1040187
Google broke at your house, or are you too stupid to type your city name and water testing in a fucking search engine ?
>>
>>1040187
You on a well?

Yes: sucks to be you. Dig all the dirt up until you get down to clean dirt. Store the nasty shit in something where it wont spill. Put as much contaminated soil as you think you can get away with into your regular garbage every week until its gone.

No: Fuck it.
>>
>>1040187
>but there was probably a few quarts still leftover in the tank.
>quarts
thats nothing
>>
>>1040187

Assuming your house was built in 1910 they won't tear it down, it's not like they tear down all the old houses when they make new codes, they get grandfathered.
>>
>>1040187
>>1040192
>>1040194

You guys are pussies. I live with my father in law who spent most of his life in prison and is about 65. Every time he changes the oil he just dumps is out in the yard. I've asked him not to several times, but he doesn't give a fuck.

There are 7 billion people on earth, that was just a story between 2 people. Add you to it, and out of the 3 of us, 100% of us have spilled oil, causing it to leak into the ground... Where it came from.
>>
>>1040309
You don't even drink motoroil laced with radon for breakfast? What a pussy!

I would probably think that anything your father in law does is far from the optimal thing to do considering he spent his life in prison. Probably for a reason. What a pussy!
>>
>>1040309

underrated post
>>
>>1040309
County sprays oil and spreads rock chips on roads occasionally. Whines about 'Muh environment' when some poor homeowner spills a few quarts.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.