[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simple proto PCB fab?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: card proto test.jpg (3MB, 1346x2111px) Image search: [Google]
card proto test.jpg
3MB, 1346x2111px
So I need some proto PCBs for various reasons, the kind with a grid of holes like in the picture. I'm doing production design for a film, and I need 100+ of these things. In the past I've done plenty of simple layouts in Adobe Illustrator and just etched them using the toner transfer method, but I've never used any PCB layout software. I just fucked around with freePCB for a bit, but I can't figure out for the life of me just how to add a simple grid of through holes, and card edge contacts. Should be super simple? Anyone have any idea how I'd go about doing this, or can you recommend free software? I really don't want to etch and drill so many boards by hand.

And before you ask, yes, they must fit a very specific visual aesthetic, otherwise I'd just buy cheap existing stuff off ebay. I also need to design a bigger version of the card that will resemble an S-100 board to build a bunch of vintage "computers."
>>
>>1039247
>Should be super simple?

There should be a pad line/array tool in pretty much any routing software you use. If line only, just make a line and copy/paste.

If array, just...use that, then.

I use DipTrace (mostly because that's what I started with and now it's what I'm used to), but only a particular version is free.

Given that you don't actually need any kind of parts library, though, pretty sure you could bang it out in KiCAD in less than 5 minutes.
>>
>>1039247
You know, if you have an image of exactly what you want, you can probably just laser print that on transparencies (expect to have to adjust the scale a couple times because printers wanna be a bitch) and /diy/ yourself a batch.

A few hundred bucks and a few days, and then you'll know how to make your own PCBs.
>>
>>1039253
...although, come to think of it, drilling all those holes at home would be a real bitch.

Sorry, that wasn't the best suggestion.
>>
>>1039248
>bang it out in KiCAD in less than 5 minutes
Yep pretty much.
>>
File: V6UV3np.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
V6UV3np.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>1039248
>>1039266
Yep, that was my thought too, I'll give KiCad a shot. I could not really find an option like that in FreePCB and tutorials seem to be nonexistent.

>>1039255
Yep exactly! Otherwise I'd do toner transfer method or UV resist method.

I'm going to be doing that for a few other prominently displayed boards that have a very hand drawn 1970's look, and for that Illustrator is going to work just fine.

Thanks guise.
>>
>>1039247
>PCBShopper
>>
>>1039358
Nice, good stuff, thank you.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.