[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I unfuck this? There used to be only 2 speakers connected

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 20160815_150729_HDR.jpg (885KB, 1868x2656px) Image search: [Google]
20160815_150729_HDR.jpg
885KB, 1868x2656px
How do I unfuck this?

There used to be only 2 speakers connected to this cable, however I want to make it 5.

Testing it with only 3 it lost ~90% of volume
>>
>>1038833
learn about speaker impedance, young Jedi - preferably, before you fuck the amp. They all have ratings, in Ohms, you cant just string them all the fuck together at random and hope it works, load on the amp needs to be balanced.
>>
It looks like the left 2 speakers are in parallel and the one on the right is in series with them

I don't have any experience with speakers so I don't know if you want to wire them in series or parallel, google "speakers series or parallel" or something like that
>>
>>1038833
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1038833
You probably doubled or tripled the impedance. I'm not looking at your shitty wiring.
>>
>>1038843
Pretty much this. And please don't make two threads for one question.
>>
>>1038833
>How do I unfuck this?
>There used to be only 2 speakers connected to this cable, however I want to make it 5.
>Testing it with only 3 it lost ~90% of volume
Two factologies:
1. The original two speakers (however they were connected) probably had a total impedance that was correct for the amp. If you want to connect more speakers, then you must make sure that the total connected speakers matches the previous impedance. And even if you do that (with a matching transformer) you will still lose a bit more total power, because transformers aren't 100% efficient.

2. Adding more speakers won't make an amp louder. The loudness is a function of amplifier power, and a different speaker doesn't change that. Adding speakers will give it slightly better low-frequency response (by allowing it to move a larger volume of air) but it's not a huge change.

Small amps driving huge speakers is a audiophile-niche thing: some people like the sound of big & under-driven speakers because they say the bass sounds more natural. It does sound different but I've never found it to be a big deal myself.
>>
Really, nigger?
>>1038410
>>
>>1038868
>>1038989
Abandon threadS
>>
>>1038833
>that cringy cap
that should do the trick, anon
>>
File: Naamloos.jpg (1MB, 1868x2656px)
Naamloos.jpg
1MB, 1868x2656px
try this
>>
>>1039087
Yeah OP do this, remplace two drivers in series with three drivers in parallel, from 8ohm to 1.33, the amp will LOVE IT.
Dont forget to turn the volume to the max before you test it.
>>
Holy fuck OP the amount of cringe...
>>
>>1038833
Just kys, you're unable to electronics
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.