[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /diy/, im going to build a synth, but i need to make custom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Ext-7210-542-Mixer_Black_V1.gif (318KB, 2625x2625px) Image search: [Google]
Ext-7210-542-Mixer_Black_V1.gif
318KB, 2625x2625px
Sup /diy/, im going to build a synth, but i need to make custom panel plates, anyone knows where to get them made? The whole thing, panel plus engraving.

I know, not very diy, but cant be fucked to buy a CNC machine for a couple of engravings.
>>
>>1038183
arduino synth kit
>>
>>1038183
I'd rather drill it myself out of a blank and paint or punch the markings.(or even dymo)

I've always found the elaborate range markings on pots pretty pointless in synths.
why would you want to clutter up the panel with a range of 1-10 with 3 steps between each, when its all about adjusting and tweaking until you "like" it anyway.
the only place you'd need precision is on a VCO, where you should use a tuner anyway.

there are sources for this, but i think its quite expensive.
ask on muffwiggler or something.
>>
>>1038183
Use the toner transfer method, make sure your toner cartridge is full and you finely sand and clean the surface of the plate for better results. Use a permanent marker to cover holes if any and tape to cover the backside. I recommend covering the edges with permanent marker, since the toner tends to flake, rub with the finger all the plate after the toner has been applied with some water to make sure it's firmly attached.

It's the cheapest and simplest way to do that without a cnc.

http://diy-guitar-effects.tumblr.com/etching
>>
>>1038183
Front Panel Express in US
Schaeffer AG in EU
It's not cheap tho.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.