[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HUD on an Oven

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Anyone know where to start reading about HUD tech?

I want to integrate a HUD on the glass of my oven. Ultimately I'd like to also get a touch element working on the glass too

It's an oven so it'd have to be heat resistant.
>>
Nothing is going to be able to survive
>>
>>1038161
Dang it

What about displaying information with a projection?
>>
First off, what purpose will the hud serve? Information for the oven? What will the touch controls do? Control the oven?

First, ovens can get hot enough to reflow solder. That could cause serious issues for any pcb that needs to be inside the oven to pull this off. Some electronics don't like heat either, like ICs and fets, which will absolutely be included in anything you use for this.

Second, you won't be able to use that glass for touchscreen controls. You won't be able to replace it with a different type of glass either. And even if you could, clear touch screen controllers are just now starting to see use in consumer devices, it's new and expensive technology.

Third, if you're intention is to control the fridge and view info for it, you'll only be able to see info the stove is designed to track. Internal temperature and clock for example. To get that somewhere else you would need to modify the board for the stove, finding the data output, routing it to something that can actually interpret the data, and then outputting the data to the hud. Same thing, you'll only be able to make it do things it's capable of doing, at most you could set up something that will turn the oven off if a timer goes off and the door doesn't open for a couple minutes, or to change temperature automatically after a certain amount of time, but that'd be something separate and extra you'd have to work to achieve.
>>
>>1038165
Projectors work best by reflecting light off a light colored surface(like gray) that's not translucent, glass will allow the light through. You could put a solid material behind the glass, like aluminum(I'd be afraid it'd get the glass too hot and crack it). But then you couldn't see inside, you'd have to find a place to mount a projector, and if anything blocks it you lose your screen. You may be able to find a projector for a special application that works on glass(doubt it). It'd work if it projected from the back, but you wouldn't be able to place it in the oven.
>>
>>1038170
>clear touch screen controllers are just now starting to see use in consumer devices, it's new and expensive technology.
Which products? Didn't know stuff like that was out commercially(plz respond)

>Some electronics don't like heat either, like ICs and fets
What if I kept just information display and the highest temp would only be 200?

>Internal temperature and clock for example
I think thats a fine start, just displaying info.
What you described can be done with an arduino/Raspberry Pi/Processing and the correct technology used for displaying HUD (I assume)
As long as said components arent too hot.

>>1038178
So projector on the outside? Could be a good start. maybe projector can be mounted in a thick handle or under the control surface.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.