[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hydroseeding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: hydro.jpg (2MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
hydro.jpg
2MB, 3872x2592px
Anyone here experienced with hydroseeding? My brother's looking to start his own landscaping business here in NJ and needs tips on hydroseeding in particular - licenses and permits that may be involved, suggestions on equipment, tips and success stories, really just anything you've got to help him break the ice.
>>
Never heard of it
>>
Best to research heavily online. Finn have been the major US hydro-seeders for a long time.

You can find landscaper forums and help him figure the best bang for the buck. If buying used don't be afraid to drive long distance for a deal and do study the fuck out of the specific model you are considering.

Business licenses are a local deal. County courthouse should have some info.
>>
>>1037860
Thanks for the sage advice, anon - I'll pass it along.
>>
Used to do a lot of hydroseeding with a company I had worked with. We always rented the equipment and rolled it into the costs. In Michigan, we didn't need any special licensing for hydroseeding specifically. You did need the obvious ones though (business, proper driver endorsements, DOT trucks,etc.).

Obtaining water is the only inherent legal issue directly linked to the process. Some areas will simply allow you to use a pump to pull from natural sources. While others will require you to purchase water from a local utility/water treatment facility. Still other areas require you to lease/use a hydrant mounted meter that tallies your usage. Be very clear on the local area laws, because back charges and fines can get costly.

As far as tips, don't skimp on the mix and lay it down thick. I see too many times where contractors don't get the coverage they should. Think about it like painting a wall, nice consistent coverage. Also akin to painting, prep work is key. Make sure the ground is level and in friable consistency, free of debris and drainage properly laid out. Work from the furthest point out so you don't damage finished areas, but try to minimize your contact with prepped areas as well (touch up as needed).

The hose will be heavy and stiff until you get used to managing it. So it's good to have an assistant to either control the hose with you or keep the slack in motion with the vehicle and/or reel.

Wear clothes you don't mind ruining, that shit will stick to everything it touches. You will definitely get it on you with the occasional backspray and clearing clogs. On that same note, get good at control. You don't want that stuff all over the customer's drive, walls, hedges, etc. It won't harm them for the most part, but looks real unprofessional. Again think painting. Use flow and nozzle angles to cut in a nice edge first. Continued......
>>
>>1038269
Often, we would add annual ryegrass on top of the recommended mix. The seed was cheap insurance. It was quick to grow and root the soil while the rest of the seed took. This aides in not only erosion control and moisture retention, but also customers get satisfaction from seeing the quick coverage. Additional erosion control is something else you may need to consider in areas that may see heavy water flow. While the hydroseed holds up okay to water it, like anything, isn't totally foolproof. For those areas, consider use of hay netting or rock work (diversion,french drains,etc.).

If I think of anything else, I will post back.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.