[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to keep cool in a hot shop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Hot_7f0a0c_2412253.jpg (38KB, 400x294px) Image search: [Google]
Hot_7f0a0c_2412253.jpg
38KB, 400x294px
Hello /diy/, I figured this is the best place to ask. I do all my work in my shop, but it's 100 degrees outside and I work with plasma cutters, so it gets fucking nuclear. My shop is rented so I can't install any kind of professional HVAC-type stuff.

What are my options to try to keep cool? I've seen portable Air Conditioners, or are they shit?
>>
>>1037459
No place for a window unit? I've actually seen people buy a cheap door, and mount a window AC in the door because they were renting. They just swap out the door back to the original one when they leave. Kinda sucks entering and exiting but it works.

If you have a shopvac and the humidity is low you can make a swamp cooler where you can direct the air flow right to you, or up your pant leg, where ever (used mine for my welding helmet for uber cool welding and no fume breathing)
>>
>>1037466
No windows.

While the Shopvac might work, I already have industrial fans, but it gets so hot that blowing hot air back onto yourself doesn't help much.

Thanks though.
>>
>>1037468
No man, I mean swamp cooler.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Portable-Evaporative-Cooler-swamp-cooler/
https://robotfun.wordpress.com/2011/12/21/swampcooler/

Just check the dewpoint for your location.

>The rule of thumb is that your swamp cooler will "cool" the air to about 10 degrees higher than the dew point. If the dew point is 60, then the most efficient swamp cooler would cool the air to 70 and a medium efficient swam cooler would cool it to 75. If the temperature 100, but the dew point is 60 (as in the example above) then you will see a good cooling effect from your swamp cooler. If the temperature is 80 and the dew point is still 60, there is no difference in how your swamp cooler will work. The temperature essentially makes no difference in efficiency. Now, if the dew point goes up to 65, then the swamp cooler will only cool to 75 or 80 and it is not very efficient. The temperature of 100 with a dew point of 65 will keep you very warm in the house. Now, if the dew point is 55, then the temperature can be over 100 and your swamp cooler is efficient!
>>
>>1037459
Try a port a chill, theyre pretty expensive but work like a dream, even in humid ass south texas, we used them at trade school and they work great
>>
Is it humid where you live? Get a portable evap.
>>
>>1037459
What's your humidity like? If it's low, build yourself a diy swamp cooler.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.