[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diy air cooler and computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: ac.jpg (307KB, 1280x734px) Image search: [Google]
ac.jpg
307KB, 1280x734px
I was looking at videos of people making these air coolers and was wondering how bad of an idea would it be to have a tube from it connecting to my computer case? Would the air be too moist and fuck up my computer?
>>
I think you should go with your gut instinct on this one
>>
Yes, it would be a bad idea. Those coolers don't even work that well, and there's next to no reason to try to keep your computer any colder than it is normally besides dickwaving rights. If you overclocked it to the point where it wouldn't be stable unless you had a cooler hooked up to it, you'd have to constantly worry about keeping it stocked with ice lest your computer overheat and crash on you. Not to mention overclocking is a pretty minimal return investment on modern computers. It hasn't made sense (economically) to invest anything into overclocking in like a decade.
>>
>>1036922
Yes it will destroy your PC.
If it runs hot, do a proper mineral oil submersion setup like any nerd worthy of his pocket protector.
If you just want cheap a/c for the summer months, try it out.
>>
>>1036922
the condensation from coolant pipes and heatsinks will destroy your computer if you don't seal the proper components. Mineral oil submersion would be a far superior alternative if you're going that route.
>>
>>1037030
>mineral oil submersion

Everyone who's done that has said it's really only for looks and it's a bitch to maintain, not to mention, if you're really generating that much heat, then all you get is a overheated computer sitting in hot oil.
>>
>>1036922
Op, in the summer I have issues with my pc heating up this is all solved by dusting and removing the side case cover and pointing a fan at it, not a pc fan, a regular desk fan, Give it a try. I think this might be simpler and have less moisture problems than your pic related.
>>
>>1037507
Swap it for something like Novec from 3m. More expensive but more effective.
>>
>>1037799
At that point you'd be better off just building a custom water loop. You'll hit diminishing returns long before you max out a high quality water block.
>>
>>1037507
Maintenance is virtually nothing if constructed correctly.
I was building them in the late 90's.

If its turned into a hot oil bath, then they obviously aren't cooling the oil and all they did was drop their PC into an aquarium...
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.