[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lot of materials

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: Small Junkyard - Copy.jpg (159KB, 1155x768px) Image search: [Google]
Small Junkyard - Copy.jpg
159KB, 1155x768px
I have accumulated a lot of stuff over the years as I was in the auto salvage business for a few years, I have around 50 scrap automobiles, 150 scrap car batteries, 60 or so catalytic converters, and all kinds of miscellaneous steel and parts, I have a shop with lots of tools....what could I do with some of this stuff to make it more profitable than just scrapping it...will try to get some pics of my actual stuff up later if any suitable tips are given here
>>
>>1036795
Rent the cars out to those down on their luck.
$2 a night seems fair.
>>
>>1036797
ha
>>
>>1036797

Hobo hotel!
>>
File: 1470459091233.jpg (346KB, 1200x1600px)
1470459091233.jpg
346KB, 1200x1600px
>>1036795

rent a crane and build a auto monument, like the auto stonehenge. charge out of towners to see it

arrange the cars so that they can see a swastika from the international space station
ask for money to get rid of it
>>
>>1036795
Make an art, and sell it to hipsters.
>>
>>1036795
Highly suggest taking pics of every single one and list on cl and fb if those are yours in the pick. Make buses and vans into campers. Make pickup bed trailers. Sell cabs and sell trailers.

Advertise at local mudruns of multiple car bodies
>>
File: chips_r900x493.jpg (53KB, 630x431px) Image search: [Google]
chips_r900x493.jpg
53KB, 630x431px
>>1036817
CANNOT STOP LAUGHING.

FUCK ANY IDEAS INCLUDING MY OWN OP.

100% 8TH WONDER OF THE WORLD SWASTIKA OR GTFO

Bonis points for swastika token vending machine and only accept swasticas tokens as payment.
>>
>>1036973
stuff in the pic is not actually what I have I don't have any classics per say
>>
>>1036981
You might be surprised. Some stuff from the 80s and 90s can go for quite a bit.

Also it's "per se"
>>
>>1036986
>per se

No need to split hares. It's the kind of simple error anyone could of made.
>>
>>1036986
2006 Pontiac G6
2004 Pontiac Grand Am
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix
2000 Dodge Caravan
1999 Dodge Dakota
1998 Dodge Ram 1500
2002 Dodge Stratus 2.4
1998 Dodge Stratus
2000 Dodge Neon
1986 Toyota Pkup 4x4
1987 Toyota Pkup 4x4
1992 Toyota Corolla or Camry
1990 Jeep Cherokee
1995 Infinity J30
2002 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Chevrolet Tracker 4x4
2000 Chevrolet Blazer 4x4
1996 Chevrolet Lumina
1989 Chevrolet Pkup 1500
1989 Chevrolet Pkup 1500
1991 Chevrolet Pkup 1500
1990 Chevrolet S10
1988 Chevrolet S10
1994 Chevrolet Van 2500
1989 Chevrolet Van 1500
1998 GMC Jimmy 4x4
1978 GMC Pkup 4x4
1992 GMC Pkup S15
1989 GMC Vandura
1979 GMC Pkup 4x4
1980's Ford Ranger
1998 Ford Ranger 2wd
1989 Ford Tempo
1997 Ford F150 Ext Cab
1998 Ford Taurus
1984 Ford F250
1993 Ford F250
1978 Ford F250
1996 Geo Prizm
2000 Kia Sportage 4x4
1998 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight

there is a list of most of what I have
>>
>>1036997
>couple of pontiacs worth selling to a parts place
>scrap
>toyota's that might be worth something but probably not
>scrap
>some big ford shit that'll be nice and heavy at the scrap yard
>a geo you should just cut in half and set out on large item collection day
>scrap
what's wrong with you that you'd want these cars
>>
>>1037005
>>1037005
Was actively running a auto salvage yard for a few years this is just what inventory I had accumulated since the last time I had a crusher here...don't really have enough cars to have a crushing crew to come out plus scrap price is low now AND im looking for something to pass the time and be profitable
>>
>>1036997
You should be able to get a few vehicles cobbled together out of that mess if you wanted to. Or make a tube frame monstrosity out of whatever fits together.
>>
>>1036795
Start a motor derby.
>>
>>1037044
That would require him to actually get them running first.
>>
>>1036992

He wasn't bullying you, just telling you how to spell it right so you don't goof irl
>>
>>1036992
for all tents and porpoises, he got it right enough the fist time.
>>
>>1036997
I see a 65/66 mustang.
Stop holding out on the good stuff dick.
>>
>>1037089
Eh I just realized you didn't list el Camino's either so op pic probably isn't yours.

Post proper pic, they could be one stage from dust for all we know.
>>
I've worked in salvage. I'd sell the cats to a cat buyer. I see ya don't have the magic hundred hull minimum to make crushing worthwhile.

I've never had problems selling pickup bed trailers. I spray bombed them in various military camo patterns (see internet for cool examples) because it's quick, cheap and looks good. It also makes the trailers disappear when parked so they don't look like shit.

I clip the frames just behind the front suspension with a Sawzall after unbolting the usual shit. I support both sides of the cut with stands or rims and wood shims so nothing shifts after the cut. Drag apart with a truck, then it's trailer time.

I cut the top and bottom channel with a Sawzall (spray oil cools the blade) and or a 6" cutting disc, then beat one lip down and one lip up. You can push the channels together by hand and clamp. Stick weld is fine and convenient since I can run leads out to my work.

I usually use heavy wall. 2" square tubing for tongues, and I often weld a Reese hitch socket to the trailer frame so I can make the tongue quick disconnect. It's a cool anti-theft feature customers like.

I'd put the 4x4 and truck shit on Craigslist. Lots of salvage owners do that because it works for parts and whole vehicles.

I'd torch the tops off the vans and use them as scrap dumpsters after placing them for easy rollback access later.. As you clean up the property you can scrap them when they are heavy enough to pay something though that may be a couple of years.
>>
>>1036795
start refurbishing engines. crate 'em and sell them when finished.

strip down anything pre-76' to the chassis and sell it to people looking for a smog exempt hobby car.
>>
>>1037124
>start refurbishing engines. crate 'em and sell them when finished.

Confirmed for drooling batshit crazy ignorance of the remanned engine market. OP would get killed by crate motor and volume reman competitors.

The engine cores aren't worth shit and OP would tie up thousands of dollars in parts and thousands of hours labor for engines he couldn't immediately sell and would have to store in controlled conditions. He would make very little (if anything) per labor-intensive hour of work. That's why volume engine reman outfits use drastically different facilities and equipment than small mechanic shops.

>strip down anything pre-76' to the chassis and sell it to people looking for a smog exempt hobby car.

Watdafuq? Poorfags already have millions of hobby car and truck runners from the used vehicle market. There is no "stripped chassis" market for what OP listed. (You DID read that, riiight?) People into that shit roll their own to save more money.

OPs objective is profit, not economic and physical martyrdom.
>>
Could pull alternators/starters/belt driven shit. eBay em.

List a pic of car and some info on it on Craigslist. I.e. 89 k1500 bad headgasket for parts. Not sure if you've already got em stripped way down I guess.

Like do they have tires still?

Any that were driven there and didn't come in on a tow truck?

If any share parts you could swap engine/ trans and have a runner, if you have titles. Or have one that runs and even if it doesn't have a title it could be sold as a mud/plow/farm truck.

You could look at buying models of cars you already own and fix them up with the parts you already have.
>>
>>1036997
Need some S10 parts. Older Pick Up parts are always in demand, also alloy wheels and electric fans. What state are you in?
>>
>>1036795
Got any rare cars?
If so gibs pls
>>
Post locarion OP.
I'll pay $2,000 for both toy pickups sight unseen right now
>>
>>1037227
they are rusted badly and i have sold a lot of parts off them, rear-end most recently....

>>1037153
some are stripped more than others alto mostly what would be missing is starter/alternator common replacement parts, some are basically untouched, all of them were brought in by rollback, no titles
>>1037122
yeah I used to sell a lot of cats, but iv just been hoarding these up and buying them cheap in hopes that the market will pick up, thanks for the idea on the trailers.
>>
Sell parts on the internet. That's what most scrapyards in my country do. Some cars (mostly old shitty ones) are worth more as a parts than as a whole car, even if it's running.

You could also invest in some baseball bats, sledge hammers, crowbars and charge people for hour of bashing cars. It's good stress relief and I bet there are lots of people that want to just fuck some old car up.
>>
>>1036997
>1984 Ford F250
>1993 Ford F250

Non turbo diesels?
>>
>>1037306
the 84 was a gas engine the 93 was a 7.3 non turbo but that engine has been raped
>>
>>1037310
Well crap, you could have had some fun with that IDI, used to run mine on motor oil. Was gonna suggest either driving it in the truck it was in but changing the axle to a 3.23 just to see what kind of mpg you could get, or dropping it into the f150 for the same purpose. If you have a 351w you could make it into a 427 stroker that would be fun, expensive, but fun.
>>
>>1037312
indeed but I need to avoid expensive at the moment, I've been toying with the ideal of making a rat rod but hadn't pulled the trigger yet
>>
>>1036997
You have a lot of good standard engines there, i could use a new 3800 series myself
>>
>>1036981
Damn. Well, any pics of what u got bud? I love shit like this. Also, all kidding aside ill post a few pics i think people may buy. Kids seem to have a new fad of wanting to move out and live in a cheap diy camper.
>>
>>1036986
No shit. U cant find a descent square body chevy for fucking 3 grand anymore
>>
File: Toyota_Corolla_wagon.jpg (24KB, 400x217px) Image search: [Google]
Toyota_Corolla_wagon.jpg
24KB, 400x217px
>>1036997
That toyota car. Is it a wagon?

Pic related. Ive been hunting down a 1989 corolla wagon body for nastalgia
>>
File: download (6).jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>1037005
Said he had a junkyard. Not sure wtf is wrong with me but i want em all.

Monster garage with no time limit or jesse james is my dream

Pic relate. Shit that almost only i am into.
>>
>>1037122
This.

But????

>why no cutting torch though anon?

Ive been considering buying junk trucks, making trailers, and scraping the rest or parting out.

Whats a trailer normally cost you to make?

What sells good? Any specific size or suspension?

In any case keeo pumping those trailers out. Us poorfags need u.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
11KB, 300x168px
>>1037140
>>
File: download (8).jpg (14KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
14KB, 275x183px
>>1037301
Thats actually a good idea. We used to do a good ol country car bash at homecomming. 5 bucks for 3 swings or 10 bucks for 10 swings. Misc swords, axes, sledges. Choose your weopon. Not kidding op. This may be your best bet. Could advertize in the paper. Used vehicles for car bash fundraisers. Only $100 each. You pick! And then you give them a choice of like 10 shitty cars and make them haul off. Or do it on property but beware of lawsuits.
>>
>>1037310
Goddammit... of u live in ks or oklahoma you got any 7.3, 5.4, or v10 4x4 ford pickups? Dont need body or cab. Making a crown vic ;)
>>
>>1037326
Fucking 100% rat rod. Fun as fuck and costs dick nothing.

You consider tearing the batteries apart and making sinkers to sell? Or stripping most of the cars of every easily accessible inch of coper wire?

Shit niggah. You could rip most every fusebox out and sell on here. Lol
>>
>>1036795
Also. Of u live in kansas or oklahoma.

Condition of chevy pickups?
>>
>>1037397
i don't and they are just old rough trucks pretty much
>>1037395
I think they would be more profitable as whole scrap batteries
>>1037389
u mean let them take the whole car for $100? I would never d that most of these fuckers I paid $250-400 for.
>>1037380
what is that a four wheeler frame?
>>1037378
no its the sedan I have sold a shit load of parts off it actually to one guy over a few years I think I only paid $225 for it when it was whole
>>
Watch some roadkill for inspiration.
>>
>>1036997
Scrap that shit...
>>
Start building some fucking MAD MAX mobiles!! Stack some fucking cars together and tack weld a fuck ton of mean looking garbage to them.. Get those fuckers running and sell to hollywood scumbag kids
>>
>>1039214
Scrap market has crashed HARD for a while. He'd be better off sitting on the hulls and perhaps accumulating more if dirt cheap. Many salvage yards aren't scrapping until they run out of space.

Batteries aren't worth melting and lead fumes are toxic as fuck. I'd scrap the batteries but check prices first.

Pull any brass radiators for scrap. We used to knock brass heater cores out with a forklift (shove thru firewall into front seat) but not worth unbolting. Aluminum is low but you could pull all the aluminum radiators and AC condensers, smash off the plastic radiator tanks, and scrap that. We always did that with our shop leftovers at the used car lot.

If OP has any core buyers he could pull all the alternators and starters, toss into 50 gallon drums and sell to a rebuilder. Find the rebuilder FIRST of course.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.