[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never done any electrical work in my life, never messed with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 20160811_075005.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160811_075005.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Never done any electrical work in my life, never messed with hobby motors either. I have three hours of spare time at work today and want to hook a motor to a battery and a light switch. I have no idea what I'm doing. Pls help.
>>
>>1036791
Red to positive of the battery
White to one side of the switch
Additional wire from negative of the battery to other side of the switch.
>>
File: 20160811_113410.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160811_113410.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
So I assembled this. But the motor doesn't turn on in the on position unless I physically press the wires into the battery.
>>
>>1036869
Ah no, that's what we call parrell. Good way to kill the battery quickly.
Are you sure the motor is rated for only 1.5 volt?
>>
>>1036791
what did the motor come from? it looks like AC motors I've seen.

Also even it it is DC, 1.5 volts may not be enough to make it move...
>>
>>1036871
I have no idea, my friend.
I took the motor out of the trash can here at work. Think it went with some plumbing equipment.
>>
File: 20160811_114459.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160811_114459.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
I guess it came from this
>>
Plug the motor directly into the outlet and see if it spins.
>>
>>1036880
I don't have a way to plug it into an outlet.
I got it working but the battery is getting really hot. What do I do?
>>
>>1036888
Stop using the switch to short out the battery. But it in series.

You don't need a plug to shove wires in a outlet.
>>
>>1036896
Can you elaborate on the "put it in series"?
I don't have an outlet I can use. I'm sitting in a box truck.
>>
File: series vs parallel.gif (8KB, 447x290px) Image search: [Google]
series vs parallel.gif
8KB, 447x290px
>>1036921
easy you put it in series with the switch. Should have covered that in your preschool electricity classes.

Also get a battery holder. In our preschool electricity classes we used film canisters with tin foil on both ends, fits a battery about that size perfectly.
>>
File: electricity.png (8KB, 554x442px) Image search: [Google]
electricity.png
8KB, 554x442px
>>1036921
>>
>>1036929
That image makes no sense to me.
I'm literally a room temperature IQ kind of guy, who's specialty is guns and wood working.
This is all new to me.
>>
>>1036880
Don't do that, this is a 12v motor.
Pting it in an outlet will destroy it or cause a fire.
>>
I definitely just figured out the series thing. Found another pretty good diagram that dumbed it down enough for me.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.