[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TV screen repair? I got this for free and the screen ended up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 20160809_155736.jpg (1MB, 3726x2096px) Image search: [Google]
20160809_155736.jpg
1MB, 3726x2096px
TV screen repair? I got this for free and the screen ended up being broken and I was hoping I could repair it. If any errors sorry I'm on mobile, any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>1035972
Not worth it. The part to fix it costs more than the tv costs brand new more than likely. Sadly, most tv's are this way.
>>
>>1035972
>TV screen repair? I got this for free and the screen ended up being broken and I was hoping I could repair it. If any errors sorry I'm on mobile, any help would be appreciated.

See if you can find a TV similar that is broken but has a good screen.

Also wtf is that brand just scrap it.
>>
>>1035972
The panel is the main value of the TV really. If the panel's broken, the TV is effectively worthless.
If you *really* wanted, you could tear it down and try to find a replacement panel. The panel should have a part number on it somewhere.
>>
>>1037324
and even if you do this, OP, good luck finding a seller that will sell just 1 and not charge shitloads in shipping.
Just toss it out, or try and sell the power supply on ebay.
>>
>>1035972
Since you got it for free, break it down and see if the connector between the electronics and the screen is broken, might have shorted if someone spilled water on it or something. Should be really small and a bitch to solder but since the tv was free give it a try.
>>
>>1037823
There are dead lines across the screen. The display is fucked. No amount of fucking around wasting time with the insides is going to repair it.

Garbage.
>>
>>1037322
>wtf is that brand

TCL is an up and coming TV name. Ultra cheap TVs that have decent quality panels. Rumor has it they get the B grade panels from big name manufacturer OEMs. So literally the same panels that are in Samsung's and shit.

Slickdeals has a huge hard-on for them. I have a Roku enabled 32 inch, and it's been a great TV.
>>
>>1035972
OP, this TV is done.That TV new only costs about 400$

With that said, it literally has a Roku Stick in it.
Rip it open and see how the Roku was installed. Would be interesting if they installed the Roku some way that you could salvage it
>>
If you want to salvage shit, pull the boards and backlights and shit first.

A broken screen is never worth fixing.
>>
>>1035972
Got that exact TV for like $300
Great fucking set
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.