[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My grandpa passed away recently and my dad was going through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 0809161257.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
0809161257.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
My grandpa passed away recently and my dad was going through the attic and found this from when he was younger. He put it by the trash but seemed pretty upset about it so I grabbed it without him notiocing and I want to restore it.

I've never done anything like this before. Has anyone messed with a pachinko machine to know how difficult this may be? Restoring the metal and repainting will be easy. I just can't figure out how to open the door without the key and the power seems confusing.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>1035943
>figure out how to open the door without the key

If you want to do a serious restoration, it might be worth hauling this down to a locksmith, having him pick the lock and maybe removing the cylinder with the idea of putting in a new lock (with key) at some future date.

Once you get it open, some pics of the guts might get you better advice on repairs and clean-up.
>>
I use to have one I picked up from a yardsale. I had a roomate who was an electrical engineer and he had it working off a 9 Volt battery in a few days for lights and basic triggering mechanism. there should be about 1000 steel balls with asian characters on them. You could always drill the lock out but I suspect a strong turn with a screwdriver might also get it open. I mean its not that made a little 0000 steel wool will probably remove the rust. I think its more of a formica than wood or paint.

I dont understand who Japanese could be addicted to these.
>>
>>1035943
>Any suggestions?
I had one of these for a while years ago, my mother found it at a benefit 'yard sale' at her work.

The lighting transformer was gone but it wasn't hard to figure out despite me being 14; it was all electro-mechanical and only had like three circuits. It had normal lights that were on all the time (when there was power) and it had two sets of lights that would light up for a moment if you got a ball in one of the special pockets. There was a buzzer in there too.

When a ball would roll along a trough, it would pass under a switch that would turn the main lights off momentarily, or turn one of two special groups of lights on for a moment... And the buzzer.

I mainly remember "playing" it because the cats we had back then LOVED to watch the balls bounce around and jitter as they fell through.
>>
Wait, are you in Southern MD?
>>
File: you sloot.jpg (695KB, 2202x824px) Image search: [Google]
you sloot.jpg
695KB, 2202x824px
>>1036052
>I dont understand who Japanese could be addicted to these.
The newer ones are fancier, but the reals answer is that because money is involved. People get addicted to slot machines, too.
>>
>>1035943
I saw one of these yesterday in henryetta oklahoma at a thrift store for $75
>>
>>1037449
Hrmm... im 2 hours away. Would it be worth a bikeride to invest in or no?
>>
>>1036052
>I dont understand who Japanese could be addicted to these.

Gambling is illegal in Japan

Pachinko is not "gambling" by law.
You would buy balls, you would win more balls. You trade your balls in for "prizes". You would get a prize like a teddy bear.

You would then walk across the street and sell that teddy bear to a store for a nominal sum of money. It was their workaround the gambling laws.
>>
>>1037457
They arent worth a lot of money
They are cool to play with though.

I know someone who bought 2 in very nice shape for 75$ at a garage sale.
>>
>>1035943
Some are very valuable.

Know that before starting any refinishing.
>>
>>1037573
The vast majority are worth 100$ or less.
They made them in the millions, and then shipped them to the US as novelty from the 50s all the way to the 90s.

Dont get your hopes up too high
>>
>>1037577
Fucking grandfather shills.

That was my retirement plan.
>>
File: full.jpg (115KB, 1181x800px) Image search: [Google]
full.jpg
115KB, 1181x800px
for the metal use enamel paint , buy various grits of steel wool. oil the machine use oil. dutch oil for the wood
>>
>>1037457
There probably not open on the weekend.

802 West Main Street, Henryetta, OK 74437
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.