[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the tools necessary for building a simple dollhouse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

What are the tools necessary for building a simple dollhouse? What's required for a slightly more detailed one, like pic related?
>>
>>1035854
for the doll house pictured drill and band saw would be good. look like a router was used to round over the edges of each piece as well. of course also need some screws and glue. looks like they covered the screws with wood plugs. can get those at hardware store if ya want that look.

to make the furniture a scroll saw would be nice to have. and very small nails to make the hinges for the cabinet doors to open etc.

over all its fairly simple.
>>
>>1035858
Thank you, friend.
>>
I built one for a school project in middle school with just a few scrap trim pieces, plywood, nails, rotary saw, and jig saw. it wasn't pretty, but it looked ok with some paint. like the other poster suggested, you're better off with screws for something long lasting.
>>
File: proddesc2219.jpg (31KB, 701x553px) Image search: [Google]
proddesc2219.jpg
31KB, 701x553px
>>1035854
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scroll_saw

Thank me later.
>>
>>1035854
>baby room in the attic

Are they mad? Who wants to climb up and down stairs at 2 in the morning every night?
>>
>>1036679
Clearly designed by my wife
>>
Most of the "fanciness" to a nicer-looking dollhouse comes from details - details that you don't need to build in while you construct the frame.

A hole in a wall is a perfectly good dollhouse window.... But with a couple of cutely painted pieces of ice cream sticks, coffee mixers etc. to frame the window will give the window will give it a more realistic look easily and quickly.
Also a huge variety of ready laser-carved small wood ornaments are sold very affordably in craft stores and online. They make dollhouses instantly more fancy-looking with very little cost and effort.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.