[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gimme the wood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.png (665KB, 759x424px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
665KB, 759x424px
I'm so fucking torn.
I have a burning passion for woodworking, and i love watching people doing it on youtube.
Then i found this fuckin guy, "the samurai woodworker". He's just as bad as it sounds, i cringe so hard every single video, but i keep on watching, because he's so fucking good i can't stand it. How do you guys cope with cringy ass weebs or obnoxious people in general, which have one or two redeeming qualities that make you want more?

TL;DR
Goddamnit Jessey i hate you so fucking much, but the woodworking game ridicilous
>>
File: Capture.png (852KB, 851x477px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
852KB, 851x477px
Pic related, it's his smug ass in one of his bio-vids
>>
>>1035755
Tbh he doesn't do anything that I cant learn from another youtube channel. So I dont watch em.
>>
File: Capture.png (718KB, 846x475px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
718KB, 846x475px
If anyone wants to feel the crossbreed of a chad and a weeb first hand, be my guest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_bS0mVNi2A&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>1035756
I disagree, i haven't found another channel with the same amount of high quality content, and as much as I hate saying it, he scores 10/10 on both design and craftsmanship.
besides i kinda like the aestethic, the blend of traditional japanese carpentry and more western techniques
>>
>>1035754
I woudn't throw him to weeb box. He doesn't speak broken japanese and doesn't try to prove you that Japan is superior in every way. He just use japanese tools and technics. Althogh I do find his character a little obnoxious.
>>
It looks good what he makes but his videos aren't very informative from what I have seen.
He is a massive fag tho.
>>
>>1035754
Paul Sellers is better, and makes better videos too.
>>
>>1035754

He freely criticize's others work and isn't informative or education at all. I watched 2 videos: one where he fucked around for like 8 hours milling out a stone bowl for some reason on a jobsite and another where where he (justifiably) was showing how someone clearly retarded fucked up making a staircase. This went on for about 15 minutes, then he cuts to driving home where he was probably praising himself for his genius... WITHOUT showing what he did to fix the fucked up staircase. Da fuck? Why does anyone watch this tool? And did I mention he wears crocs.
His skill is exceptional only relative to the average brain-dead framer, nothing else.
>>
How does he afford all that hardwood?

I saw him working with a walnut beam.. Could have sworn I've seen the prices for those at the mill and they were like $300 each
>>
His skill is undeniable and his character is for show, you have to have something that sets you apart. Look at how many views he gets even people that hate him still watch. It's all part of the gimic to set you apart.
>>
>>1035754
That box he made looks like shit though, who would fucking want that crap.
>>
>>1035864
Uhh i dont know, work?
>>
Just checked him out. Makes quality shit. Doesn't seem to actually give much info. He also seems to have a lot more cash than the average /diy/er. Also I think his kid is a tard.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.