[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working with drywall and shit really fucks my bitch hands up.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1456600949887.jpg (35KB, 325x346px) Image search: [Google]
1456600949887.jpg
35KB, 325x346px
Working with drywall and shit really fucks my bitch hands up. Causes my cuticles to crack and separate from the nail. How do you manage to keep from getting fucked up yourself?
>>
Wear gloves
>>
>>1035691
/thread
>>
>>1035691
>>1035694
unfortunately gloves aren't an option with this job
>>
>>1035687
Wash your hands often and moisturize them erry day
>>
>>1035697
uhh, why not? are you a neckbeardian butterfingers who loses all manual dexterity when you wear gloves?
>>
>>1035705
no I make rj-45 connectors all day as well
>>
>>1035708
Fingerless gloves. Get your bosses to start ordering rj45 jacks with guide pieces
>>
Use a lot of lotion then I guess
>>
>>1035708
why can't you work all the drywall (cut holes and shit) with gloves then do the cat5 shit afterwards?
>>
Key thing to remember is if anyone sees you wearing gloves, you're a pussy pretty much forever.
Shockingly the most masculine shit to do is stash some good lotion away and use it anytime your hands are dry.

Also, RJ45 and drywall plaster? Nigga that's like making a hammer-wire stripper combo, doesn't make sense.
>>
>>1035812
Nigger I run network cables. You're also right about gloves making you a pussy unless you work with something that will rip your hands are getting spinters or you work with metal.

I try to use that working hands cream that comes in a tube after work. Maybe I shoulD bring some with me and put it on between hand washes
>>
Use the right tools and have a shopvac on hand to suck all the dust up? Aside from the cutting, where are you getting all the dust from?
>>
File: 1466452073462.jpg (61KB, 456x628px) Image search: [Google]
1466452073462.jpg
61KB, 456x628px
>>1035928
Celing tiles, dirt, drywall, insulation, anything you find above a celing tile/in a house attic or in a wall. It's a dirty job that doesn't allow for frequent handwashing.

I'm surprised nobody else seems to ever get this issue if they work with their hands.
>>
>>1035963
Nitrile gloves, fingerless gloves. Do all the entraces foe cable with a saw and gloves on, then do the wiring later with nitrile gloves/no gloves.

Pull more slack so you're not doing the jack right in the wall but on the floor. On your knee, or a small work table.
>>
>>1035687
put some vaseline on your nail beds before starting work, heck even chapstick would work just rub it on the same place.
>>
Go to a tack and feed store, buy horse hoof treatments. Put it on your cuticles before work and before you go to bed.
>>
>>1035697
>Aren't an option

Basically on 99.9℅ of contract jobs, if you're not wearing gloves you will be sent off site, so this is absolute bullshit.

>Muh cat 5
Above goes for all trades on site.

You're the one suffering from your own stupidity. No one else.
>>
Just glove up you pussy ass bitch. Fuck anyone who beefs with gloves. Get real gloves you can take off quickly if your can't handle rj45 gloved. Shit ain't hard ya baby bloobloo
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.