[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Renewing Teddy Bears (Turtles)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

File: turtle.jpg (43KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
turtle.jpg
43KB, 900x900px
Hey guys, what's up? So I'm trying to get a nice gift to my fiancée, so I took her old teddy turtle she used to sleed/watch movies with a couple of years back. That's like a childhood habit that she kept and I think it's really nice.

So, the teddy turtle is kind of big, like 60 centimeters long (about 25 inches, I believe), and I would like to restore it. You know, wash it, stuff it some more (it's a bit "thin', some of the stuffing is gone due the time), replace the eye and so on.

What should I do? Should I go to a seamstress and ask her to do?

I mean, is it SAGE to diy? I'm really afraid to screw up the turtle
>>
>>1035340
Get a professional to do it so it she's unhappy you can shift blame. Its a woman bruh.. They're finicky. If you can shift blame, do it.
>>
Have you talked to her about it? I would worry that after the changes, she won't recognize it as her old buddy anymore, especially if it's done as a surprise.
>>
>>1035342
Are there professionals for that? You mean seamstress and all?
>>
>>1035345
What changes? The turtle would get robust again, recover it's eye and get clean. But I know nothing about that, do you think that is major changes?
>>
>>1035340
To wash, put it in a pillow case, tie the end closed, and wash in the machine. Tumble dry low. For the re-stuffing and mending... can't help you there, don't know your sewing skills, but it shouldn't be that hard.
>>
>>1035349
I wouldn't fuck with it. It has one eye then leave it alone two eyes is boring every other turtle had two eyes. As a kid I was never comfortable washing a soft toy because you are essentially drowning them. With a turtle it might be ok because they can swim so they wouldn't down. Clearly she is retarded if she still has a cuddly toy so best not trigger her superhuman rage mode
>>
>>1035390
Dude, that's really mean. She just likes to keep it close, you shouldn't say stuff like that about people you don't know.
>>
>>1035365
A friend of mine just gave me the same advice, thank you! Will do that and will be posting updates about the turtle (:
>>
AYY LMAO - ANON! YOU MUDDERED MY FUGGING TURDLE!! WTF!!!

DUDE, you really, really, dont want be fucking with that thing. You will unleash strange primogenitrix wimmin powers, most of which will be demonstrating the force of large household objects, moving at high speed towards your head.
>>
>>1035402
Don't put it in the dryer for the love of god. The stuffing will clump
Put it in the washer, I never bother putting mine in a laundry bag or anything but it's probably a good idea.
After he gets out brush him with a wire pet brush, not combing straight through but in circular motions.
Let him air dry
Cut a small slit (most likely on the base of his neck behind his head) and add some stuffing, don't have him bursting at the seams because shit doesn't feel right. Make sure you get it in there good, smoosh some in his flippers etc
I've never worked with eyes or anything so I don't know anything about that, but I'm sure you could look around when you go to the craft store to get stuffing
If you'd bothered googling anything before you started the thread you would have found some youtube tutorials done by hot milfs that would show you how to do this well
>>
>>1035409
My own hot milf wife is where I got the washing instructions. To date she hasn't had any issues with using the dryer on low/air fluff, but it may well be a good idea to "line dry." As long as OP doesn't end up with a moldy turtle, that is.
>>
>>1035428
I've never gotten good results with dryers but I do admit I worry about the mold thing, haven't had any problems with it yet as far as I know
Grats on your hot milf wife too
>>
Don't fucking spring it on her, OP. Bring it up casually to gauge her response - "Hey, have you ever thought about getting your turtle restored?"
>>
>>1035545
She talked about it a couple of times during random conversations, she just never stopped to do it. Then I did (:
>>
File: luzineide.jpg (30KB, 480x640px)
luzineide.jpg
30KB, 480x640px
>>1035340
OP here, I'm putting the turtle in a sink with soap and water so it will be easier to clean
>>
>>1035564
you gon get BTFO, OP.
but, you knew that anyway.
you just couldnt that cute ole tuttle age peacefully, now, could you?
>>
>>1035400
I think putting her friend in the washing machine is mean. I would be really upset if someone did that to one of my cuddly friends and therefore I consider myself to be retarded to some degree. I don't mean it offensively but I don't think its normal healthy human behaviour is all
>>
>>1035581
aint retarded, its Basic Psychology, 101.
Everyone should have at least one, highly visible object to which they show affection, that predates their current relationship.
How the new/current relationship partner relates to this object? - reveals a lot.
Do they complain about it, say, its childish, try to hide it, set fire to it, change it or, 'improve it', (even subconsciously)?
If they cant leave JUST ONE GODDAMN THING alone, and say, fuck its yours, well then..

srs OP - I would have left well alone here.

flip side (of course):
> upset if someone did that to one of my cuddly friends
whats 'one of' mean (numerically) here? - you only need one, stop being a fucking retard. you got nothing but an entire houseful of 'cuddly friends' no other fuckers allowed to touch and shit? - dont be surprised, the bad men come take em (and you) away one day. You been warned, is all.
>>
>>1035340
/diy/breakoffmyengagement/
>>
OP here, the turtle is almost dry. I'll start stuffing it later and tomorrow I'm sewing it back to it former glory!

>>1035581
Also I didn't put it in the washing machine!
>>
>>1035603
>>1035572
>>1035545
>>1035405

Seriously, why do you think this can go so wrong? Even if I fuck up very bad, everything is reversible! It's love, guys :3
>>
>>1035564
>just breaking on ten o'clock news...
>anon killed after 28 stab wounds to the chest by live in girlfriend
>neighbors report hearing "HES SUPPOSE TO HAVE ONLY ONE EYE!!!"
>female district attorney won't seek charges, saying "he should have known better than to fuck with it".
Seriously OP, first serious relationship??
>>
OP here, I'm starting to stuff the turtle!
>>
>>1036089
>starting to stuff the turtle

What do you mean by this?
>>
File: bungle.jpg (79KB, 611x503px) Image search: [Google]
bungle.jpg
79KB, 611x503px
OP you are nuts, that poor turtle. If someone fucked around with my stuffed toys I'd be pissed.
>>
>>1035405
>large
I got thrown a small cactus at me once.
>>
man leave the turtle alone
>>
Hope you're taking out the old stuffing first.
>>
>>1036112
It's an euphemism for masturbation
>>
It's a shame OP won't be able to report back about his girlfriend's reaction (because obviously, he'a going to get chopped up. I know I would kill you)
>>
Don't know why so many anons (or one particularly spergy anon) is complaining about restoring an old but belived object.

OP, please tell me when you went to stuff it you opened it up along the seams
>>
>>1035347
There are "stuffed animal hospitals".
>>
>>1036412
Yeah, but that's like a thousand bucks \:

>>1035677
No, man, just a healthy relationship

>>1036112
I mean that I just opened the turtle and started to stuff it. It's over now.

>>1036401
Yes, I did! I actually reopened and old seamed opening.
>>
>>1036401
Another anon here recognizing the potential sentimental value in the stuffed animal. I can't explain it better than...
>>1035589
...did. Fixing a worn out seat cushion or removing a stain from a favorite sweater is one thing, fucking with someones stuffed friend is different. They've gone thru hardships together, true friends live on accepting each others flaws. OP obviously gave this some thought and came here for practical advise, but still... Good luck!
>>
>>1036555
I just knew what I was doing and after a long time on this relationship I figured out that she would actually like it.

Women are people, brah. Just let it go. No more sexism. No more "girls are crazy don't do that".
>>
>>1036561
What I'm worrying about is "men being men" (practical, unsentimental, envious). Yes, also sexist... Leaving a sentimental thing untouched or fixing it together is just the general advise. You know your situation best!

Someone mentioned replacing all of the stuffing, probably to avoid inconsistencies. It would also make the drying process easier, simply toss all the wet old stuffing.
>>
>>1036566
At first I thought about just putting more stuffing in it, but as soon as I started I realize that the old stuffing has gone stiff, compressed... So I took it all out and filled it with the new stuffing
>>
File: 1438900027305-v.jpg (13KB, 200x255px)
1438900027305-v.jpg
13KB, 200x255px
>>1036480
>It's over now.
>>
File: thefreak.jpg (18KB, 259x276px) Image search: [Google]
thefreak.jpg
18KB, 259x276px
>>1036572
Pic of the sympathetically restored turtle please?

Has he lost his old smile or whatever? Is he the same person he once was? Maybe he thinks he's too good for your GF now? Did you fix his eye?

Inquiring minds want to know.
>>
>>1036775
I left the turtle with a friend of mine who will sew properly the openings (the one I did and the ones the turtle already had), so I'll have a picture by tomorrow

And the turtle had only one eye, so I took it and replaced both with buttons
>>
>>1036844
Good lad.

One question isn't your girl missing her turtle, she's been with out it for a few days now. I know my girl would be on edge if her rabbit was missing for that long.
>>
>>1036849
>>1035340

Stop "dating" little kids.
>>
File: VBa7NKa[1].jpg (48KB, 568x335px) Image search: [Google]
VBa7NKa[1].jpg
48KB, 568x335px
>>1036844
>that poor girl.
>>
>>1036849
Actually the turtle has been sitting in the closet for a couple of weeks. It was really dusty and both of us suffer from allergies, we she was procastinating to wash her
And I'm spending a couple of weeks at my parents house, since the father's day is close. I was able to snap the turtle e bring it with me

>>1036857
That's disrespectful and offensive.

>>1036867
I had to! The other eye went missing ages ago.
>>
>>1035428
low or air dry with tennis balls to get that little guy fluffy again
>>
>>1036844
The eye was a mistake, if all else would have worked you screwed up there brother.
>>
I have a teddy bear that my parents bought for me the day I was born. Ive kept it all these years, and its in really bad shape.

If I had a girlfriend do this horse shit to my teddy bear I would be absolutely furious.
I almost hope this is a troll thread.
>>
>>1037344
You think I should have just left the poor turtle with a missing eye? Come on, bro

>>1037368
Dude, sorry but the world do not spin around you. Your life and your experiences are not a model for everyone elses. It's a different case, she is a different person. Deal with it.
>>
OP, you're doing something really sweet, I hope your girlfriend appreciates it (: good luck, hoping to see the results! Did you take a "before"pic, for comparison?

@everyone else:
>>1035561
they TALKED about getting the turtle fixed up. She wouldn't have mentioned it herself if she hadn't been comfortable with the thought of it looking "new" or "different" or would have at least said so in conversation.
Maybe you or people you know would flip out in a similiar situation. But you don't know OP or the girl: assuming so many things is not only invasive and rude, it also makes me wonder how you go about your daily life. Do you normally hear one thing about a person and immediately judge everything about them...?
>>
>>1035349
Ok, im not the retard going on about drowning a stuffed friend bullshit.

You shouldn't get it restored without talking with her because the wear and tear on the object may be part of the charm she's come to love about it. This is speculation though since you haven't talked to her about how she feels about it.

A safer move would be to get her a new stuffed friend. Since it's from you it may be able to take the spot of the turtle. Don't say anything stupid about wanting to replace the turtle, just give it a friend. Last point, don't give her a cheap walmart stuffed animal, find one who's hair is uniform and stuffing doesn't make it a solid brick.
>>
As a stuffed animal enthusiast, I support you, OP.

There's probably all of two butthurt anons in here bitching about this, and they need to chill.

Seriously, guys. This is fucking 4Chan. Everyone needs to stop REEEEEEEing about someone ELSE'S goddamn toy, and read the fact OP has stated NUMEROUS TIMES that they have discussed restoration of the turtle.

Fuck's sake, you guys are stupid asshats.
>>
>>1037774
Pretty much 70% of this thread is just people telling you to stop while you're still alive, 10% is you and the remaining 20% are people helping you. I'd go so fucking nuts if I was your girlfriend if you replaced my turtle's eyes.

Maybe you should take a hint: at least sew in the old eye again or you're going to be in serious trouble.

Please report back what your gf thought.
>>
>>1038285
Post count vs User count in this thread implies the 70% complaining is likely literally the same person having a samefag hissy fit over something that isn't their business in the slightest, so.
>>
>>1035673
>Even if I fuck up very bad, everything is reversible! It's love, guys

The last words uttered before 87% of all relationships end.
>>
>>1038288
It that one Autist who hates change and still drags around blanky that smells like death.
>>
>>1038285
>Please report back what your gf thought.

She is going to pretend to not be extremely disappointed, and say that it was "thoughtful" of him.

>>1038288
>2 to 1 ratio of posts implying there is only 2 naysayers in the thread

lol
>>
>>1035340
That's really sweet, OP. I'm sure she'll appreciate it. You should probably take it to a seamstress though only because if you don't have any sewing experience you might fuck it up.
>>
>>1038327
I opened the turtle and stuffed her myself, but a seamstrees sew it up, put the eyes back and fixed all the old openings. I got the turtle back yesterday and I'll give it to my fiancée by tuesday

>>1037839
I'm truly thankful for you reply. <3

>>1037858
She already kind of "restored" the turlte a couple of years back. Her grandmother sewed some openings and replaced the eye. So it's all ok.

>>1038282
Thanks! That's what I'm trying to make them understand! Still, even with all the butthurt, this thread was really helpful.
>>
>>1038500
Ooh, since you got it back, can we see it? I saw the sink pic, and I'm wondering how she came back! I've been considering restoring one of my really old rabbits and I'm curious.
>>
File: WP_20160813_001.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px)
WP_20160813_001.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>1038506
>>1037839
>>1036775

Here is the new, double-eyed, no-dusted, robust/fluffy/re-stuffed and finally restored turtle

What do you people think?
>>
>>1038703
Turtle looks good. Is that a penis drawn on the wall behind it?
>>
>>1038706
I think it's an xkcd strip.
>>
>>1038703
Oh, wow. She looks super cute, man. Still has that ' I'm old and loved ' feel while definitely looking much more full of life and ready for snuggles.

Good job, OP. Hope the fiancee loves it!
>>
>>1038703
nice one, looks good
>>
>>1038703
I was originally hesitant but that looks great man, good work
>>
>>1038703
It doesnt matter how good, its the principle of it
>>
I'll give her the turtle in about two hours. Will come back to report results.
>>
>>1038703

It looks too new.

Almost like you somehow burned her original one in a fit of hate. Then went to the shop to buy a new one to replace it.

I'm curious how genuine her reaction will be.
>>
File: NJJNSTM[1].jpg (3KB, 125x119px) Image search: [Google]
NJJNSTM[1].jpg
3KB, 125x119px
>'I-It'll be fine..' says increasingly nervous OP for the 15th time.

A weeks-long bizarre incident involving a large stuffed toy and anonymous internet pyschopath came nearer to a close today. After kidnapping, waterboarding, seam-slitting, dissecting, disembowelling, chopping an eye out and possibly having un-natural relations with a large stuffed turtle, a sentimental childhood favourite momento of his former GF, a 4-chan anon promised to return the remains of the animal, sometime, soon. A press conference set for almost two hours ago pased without sign of either Turtle or the dreanged turtle-stuffer however.

Rumours that OP is currently on the receiving end of his own treatment remain unconfirmed - stay tuned, turtle lovers, more updates as we get them.
>>
>>1039447
Op ded
>>
>>1039527
His gf killed him when she saw the turtle
>>
Hey folks
She loved it c:
I'm alive, the turtle os huggable again and it went greatly.
I'm particularly thankful for all the comments helping or encouraging me
See ya (:
>>
>>1039805
Hi gf, how did you kill him? Did he suffer a lot?
You don't need to pretend he's still alive, we won't tell, he was a fag anyway.
>>
>>1035340
Give him a pair of silly eyes glasses if you don't know how to fix its eyes and attach them with some thread/cloth.

Or buy/craft a pirate hat and a eyepatch, shit looks cute.
>>
>>1039805
Next step: go to Build-a-Bear and buy turt a hat with an adjustable elastic strap. Or... ask your friend how to make one in his size.

When I was a kid I used to make my animals satchels and hats, and little pants. Turt doesn't need pants though.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.