[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Portable water systems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0892.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0892.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Hey y'all. I've been giving advice on this board for a while so I'm hoping I'm due for some good advice from someone here.

I'm putting in a gravity fed water system in my mobile office. I have a cupboard above the sink and there's room for a 5 gallon tank or water bladder up there. Just having a hard time figuring out the best style to go with.

A camp shower? Bought one and it had a leak... most of these are just crap. Thin skinned. Threads on the bladder are impossible to join with a better hose and nozzle.

Maybe a water tank? But I wish I could find one that had a hole in the top for filling that could double as a place to attach my hose and nozzle.

Looked at nylon and rubber, I guess they give the water a nasty taste. Thoughts?

General water system thread.
>>
File: IMG_1808.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1808.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1035095
Sorry here's a better photo. This is the sink I have in there. The sink drains into a 5 gallon bucket in the cupboard below.
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 950x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 950x300px
>>1035099
Use a fuel bladder. Lightweight but really strong, they use them in drones
>>
File: 1434226601319.jpg (10KB, 344x240px) Image search: [Google]
1434226601319.jpg
10KB, 344x240px
>>1035095
That looks so fucking comfy
>>
File: 51eCUelTJoL.jpg (36KB, 390x500px) Image search: [Google]
51eCUelTJoL.jpg
36KB, 390x500px
I have one of these, had it tip over multiple times but never leaked. And worst case if it does, you can get replacement lids/spigots.
>>
Imo : grab a 20 litre drum - or amerifag equiv - either new or containing something sensible, such as the pool chlorine ones that litter my shed. Tap it with a standard fitting, and its ready to roll.

Check if its a second use that the plastic used is suitable for consumption, and its held something sensible, such as chlorine rather than rad coolant.

That caravan looks sweet af. Even drinking from a bottle it would take a crane to get me out.
>>
If you really want a hole at the top, you could just cut one with a hole saw and glue a nozzle to it with food-grade permatex
>>
>>1035208
With a system like this how often would you have to disinfect the tank (for drinking water)? Monthly? Yearly?

I know camelbaks get a bit funky after a while, even with whatever cancerous anti-bacterial lining they've got.
>>
>>1035208
Thing is, when it comes to food items, liquids are measured in liters in the us (with a few exceptions such as milk which for some reason is in gallons [someone please figure out why we use a mixed system]), as op is wanting a food safe container for liquids, chance is it would at least have liters as a secondary unit. Such would be sold as a "20 liter (5.3 gallon) container".
>>
>>1035539

If you're refilling it, at least bimonthly
At my father-in-law's cabin we have a sturdy plastic water tank. They come in several sizes. He drilled it and sealed the joints with dirt common epoxy.

The only problem is that temperatures fluctuate greatly during the year, so the joints, and in one memorable case, the out pipe, can leak or crack if you don't check them every once in a while. Remeber to do that too when disinfecting

No pics because Im currently 76km from said cabin, sorry
>>
>>1035095

Shit, I forgot to add: trust your senses. If the water tastes or even smells a bit off you probably have algae or bacteria. It's a big issue with water systems where oxygen is frequently entering the system, as when you refill it.

Chlorinate accordingly. It won't kill you
>>
>>1035099
I would use a freshwater tank. They are all over ebay.

Add a removable lid + pipe + hose for vent to said bucket if you don't want the stink
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.