[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(windows 8.1) Bought 2nd hand laptop. Little did i realize it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: Windows 8.1.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Windows 8.1.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
(windows 8.1) Bought 2nd hand laptop. Little did i realize it has Admin account + Password lol.. Are there any ways in removing Admin account without risking virus through USB re boot??
>>
Jamal theft is a crime.
>>
ask the previous owner for the details, or format and reinstall
>what a weird question this is
>>
Take it to the police station, they'll be able to help you.
>>
You can reinstall 8.1 from the recovery menu.
>>
>>1034918
install gentoo
>>
>>1034918
Ophcrack might do. Get from trusted source, e.g. softonic.
>>
>>1034918
Just install 7 if you want to stick to windows and save yourself a lot of shit.
>>
>>1035049
Laptop has no disc input. only USB
>>
>>1035050
You don't need disc input to install 7.
>>
>>1035050
Win7 can be installed from USB
>>
Stolen shit goes on >>>/g/
>>
>>1035060
Its not stolen !!
>>
>>1034918

The joints are only prone where implemented incorrectly. You wouldn't use a dovetail joint end to end where forces will act across the boards, rather you'd use it where the force is applied on top of the joint. I'm not sure how else to explain it without a diagram.

At the same time, when you say prone, it sounds like it will just drop apart. Dove tails have been used in cabinet building for centuries. They last for decades before showing signs of failure.
>>
>>1035071
Woiii. Wrong thread.
>>
>>1035071
cool to know, man
>>
>>1035049
>Just install 7 if you want to stick to windows and save yourself a lot of shit.
using old windows OS is only okay if you never use the computer online
after antivirus software doesn't support it, you're almost certain to get virus/trojus pretty quick

"but I only go to trusted sites"
don't matter. you are doomed.
malware gets served as advertisements on legit sites
>>
>>1035067
Don't buy "used" electronics on ebay. They are stolen.
>>
>>1035067
stolen confirmed.

boot a live linux from usb, then run chntpw
>or use google:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/14369/change-or-reset-windows-password-from-a-ubuntu-live-cd/
>>
>>1035741
Well I use win7 daily on the net with no such issue regardless of sites I visit.

Nice try, shill. I'm not going to your windows 8/10 bullshit.
>>
>>1035741
>not using an adblocker
Hello grandpa
>>
>>1035741
>using old windows OS is only okay if you never use the computer online
>after antivirus software doesn't support it, you're almost certain to get virus/trojus pretty quick

AV soft will support 7 until all hardware with 7 is obsolete. Enterprise users still run 7.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-usage-share-continues-to-grow-but-enterprise-stays-on-sidelines/

If you cared about malware you'd run Linux and put Winshit in a VM, or surf with Winshit VM on a Windows host so you could start fresh from a snapshot every reboot.

Winshit on bare metal with internet exposure is for gaymes. Surely you don't do online shopping on a Windows box?
>>
>>1035743
>ebay
You mean CraigTheNiggerList, right?
>>
>>1035741
>using old windows OS is only okay if you never use the computer online

Everything you posted is true. You are absolutely correct.
The only problem you have here is that Windows 7 will get security support until 2020.

Clearly you dont understand.
>>
>>1034918
Install Gentoo
>>
Boot with Hiren's Boot USB, delete admin password from there.
Don't be an asshole, OP, don't use stolen goods.
>>
Plenty of retards lock themselves out of their PCs. Ask any computer repairfag.

If you buy used, wipe and reload as standard practice.
>>
>>1034918
Ideas from best to worst:
1) goto >>>/g/
2) reinstall system; you should have a sticker with the key, probably under battery; windows installation medium can just be downloaded from microsoft website
3) why the hell does admin account bother you? just forget it.
4) if you can log in to any admin-level account, just run lusrmgr.msc and reset admin password
5) use ntpasswd from some live USB (SystemRescueCd recommended) to reset the password

>stolen
To be honest, windows never asks you for this password if you're using admin-level account for everyday work (what most people do), so people tend to forget the password. I'd not be surprised if the previous owner did remember the password...
>>
Install gentoo, its exactly the same as windows 8.1; It was a developer version that got leaked. Download and install it for free
>>
>Load up to the password entry screen
>Hold down shift and use mouse / touchscreen to restart
>Go to trouble shoot
>Reset my PC
>Computer will revert to factory defaults
>Kill yourself
>>
>>1034918
You could download an "Ultimate Boot CD" iso and create a bootable USB using something like "Rufus". Boot off the USB and use "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" to change or clear passwords.
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html
https://rufus.akeo.ie/
>>
>>1039126
UBCD is nice but I prefer the FalconFour variant.

Rufus works well.
>>
>>1038101
Hello, /g/.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.