[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't appreciate your negative feedback.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: negative_feedback.png (2KB, 245x110px) Image search: [Google]
negative_feedback.png
2KB, 245x110px
I don't appreciate your negative feedback.
>>
I see what you did there, I'm shocked.
>>
File: Triggered.png (47KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Triggered.png
47KB, 2000x1000px
>this triggers the opamp
>>
>>1034889
I laughed way more than I should have
>>
>>1034889
Think for yourself OP. You're just being a voltage follower.
>>
File: front.jpg (83KB, 480x571px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
83KB, 480x571px
does /diy/ not follow eevblog?
>>
>>1035006
/diy/ has more important things to do than watch the dude go off on how RIDICULOUS! the engineering is in a ABSOLUTE CRAP! product
>>
File: received_224933571240827.jpg (63KB, 1080x615px) Image search: [Google]
received_224933571240827.jpg
63KB, 1080x615px
>>1034889
>>
>>1035013
sounds like you've watched quite a few of his videos.
>>
File: image.gif (3KB, 538x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3KB, 538x400px
>>
>>1035006
His voice is murdering my ears
>>
>>1035013
>/diy/ has more important things to do than watch the dude
Yeah, I was watching K-ON, no way I will stop to watch a dude.
>>
>>1036128
He's become just mailbag episodes and continued rants on well discussed topics. His early content was good, but now it's lacking.
Here's another good youtuber that has since gone away:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7SkE5pERtA
>>
>>1035013
It's why he has such a high viewership, though. It makes his watchers feel elite by being on his side when he heaps scorn on things and sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

He's a real asshole, though. Basically, he thinks a hobbyist means an engineer who also plays around at home with his work tools.
>Oh, don't fuck around with cheap (i.e. $40) multimeters. This one time we used cheap multimeters on a factory floor and took the reading as gospel truth and we rejected a batch of good boards and it cost like a million dollars.
>Oh, electronics is really cheap and easy to get into these days. Just buy a couple thousand dollars worth of tools on day one, when you have absolutely no experience to base your buying decisions on.
>A hobbyist is someone who can design a circuit, lay out a board, source parts, and plan a production run. What do you mean those are professional skills? Are hobbyists these days just useless?
>>
>>1036446
>hobbyist means an engineer who also plays around at home with his work tools.
this is me though.
i still find him way too annoying, and his videos are all in the 40+min.
mostly unboxing and shit anyway.

mikeselectricstuff is fucking great though. too bad he doesn't make a whole lot of videos.
>>
>>1036459
>>hobbyist means an engineer who also plays around at home with his work tools.
>this is me though.
Of course there are people like that, but holy shit... don't talk like every hobbyist belongs in this category.

There's nothing wrong with starting out with just a $20 solderless breadboard kit, then adding a $5 multimeter, $10 soldering iron, a $10 stack of universal boards, and a $20 digital oscilloscope kit.

In fact, if you don't do something like that, it's unlikely you'll get started at all. You have to work up some confidence in your ability and interest before you commit to buying a lot of expensive stuff, and you need to get a sense of what you'll actually be doing.
>>
>>1036524
>Of course there are people like that, but holy shit... don't talk like every hobbyist belongs in this category.
i never did, and i agree this is a stupid assumption to make.

i guess working with it at a job makes you accustomed to professional gear to such an extent that you deem them necessary at all times.

its a pain to use a basic meter after years of glorious fluke177 action.
luckily my coworker threw out one that was "bad".
i worked it over and handed it to our calibration guy. bam, free fluke.

I can hardly work without it.
same goes for using other peoples shitty soldering irons.
luxury problems, i suppose.

while i agree with what you are saying, i will say I'm glad more advanced resources for hobby electronics exist.(i dont like EEV personally)
if you just learned ohms law and just got a breadboard, why go to a channel for EE's in the first place?

there are hundreds of resources for basic stuff, so why complain about the more advanced dudes?
>>
File: square.gif (2KB, 243x266px) Image search: [Google]
square.gif
2KB, 243x266px
>>1034936
>triggering intesifies
>>
>>1036835
>i never did
I'm talking about eevblog.

>if you just learned ohms law and just got a breadboard, why go to a channel for EE's in the first place?
It's not "a channel for EE's". As he puts it, it's: "An off-the-cuff Video Blog about Electronics Engineering, for engineers, hobbyists, enthusiasts, hackers and Makers"

He knows perfectly well that most of his viewers aren't EEs. He now does this for a living. He doesn't have a day job. He needs the numbers of a wider audience.

He has done videos where he makes recommendations for getting started in electronics, particularly the equipment you should get. Rather than explain the disadvantages of cheap equipment realistically, he just wastes screen time heaping scorn on it and talks as if everybody with an interest obviously has thousands of dollars to spend before they get started.
>>
>>1036377
Grant Thompson. Used to be entertaining, now is shit.
>>
>>1036377
>another good youtuber that has since gone away:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7SkE5pERtA
The problem is, when their skills get too advanced, they end up getting pulled into a real job.

It was too much to hope for that someone who can make their own transistors at home would carry on doing that instead of working at some 80-hours-a-week Bay Area startup.
>>
>>1036934
in the case of eevblog, I agree.
he is trying to appeal to a wider audience because he's a jewtuber fulltime, and needs the shekels.

people like mikeselectricstuff are different.
sure its advanced as fuck but he doesnt pretend to be noob friendly at all.

the dude runs his own miniature assembly house, so he doesn't give a shit about youtube income.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.