[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fun /diy/ projects for my niece

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Hi /diy/.

My brother has a daughter, and her 5th birthday is coming next week.
I thought that instead of buying her a gift, it might be a better idea to invite her to my apartment for a few days to undertake some /diy/ projects.
I don't want to do boring shit, like 'toilet roll holder hats' and stuff. I want her to actually help me with a multi-day project in my apartment that we can both enjoy that will benefit me long term. I have some ideas but I am unsure how suitable they are and would appreciate advise.

1. My first idea is for my niece to help me with the building of a spice rack. This is a simple and basic project but I think it could be very helpful for my niece long term. The way I will make it 'fun' for her is to buy some candy and snacks on which she can sprinkle some of my spices. For example, when she is successful in sanding down some wood, I will present her with a chocolate bar covered in Paprika and Garlic Powder. If she manages to use an electric drill without supervision I will give her salted M&M's. The only issue here is that it wouldn't be a multi-day project

2. The second idea is for my niece to help me build a larger bedframe. My current bed is very unsturdy and creaks when I am trying to sleep. I would therefore have my niece help with the planning and building of a new frame. This could be really fun- I could give my niece a sexual education course to explain why adults need strong beds which would help her develop maturity faster. I could also reward her by buying some fun kids blankets and letting her sleep on the bed once it has been built. The main issue here is that I would get annoyed if the project wasn't going quickly and the lack of a bed would prevent me sleeping it off, so I might lash out at her psychically
>>
3. My final idea is for my niece to help me build a new cupboard for my clothes. This would be fun. I could help her because it would show her how a cupboard is build and therefore show that there are no monsters inside (which would help my brother as she has nightmares). I could also buy some childrens clothes/underpants and offer to keep them in my cupboard for her so she has something to wear when she visits next time, but tell her if she doesn't finish the project she will have to visit me naked (as a joke of course, but she won't know).

Do you think I am onto something here or should I just buy her some lego?
>>
what is wrong with you
>>
File: cff.png (79KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
cff.png
79KB, 625x626px
>invite her to my apartment for a few days
deeeeed giveaway
>>
>>1034684
she is my niece you fucking dickhead.
>>
I saw a guy ask a target employee where to find baby food. And anti-freeze. And just busted out laughing. As the target guy just was like "oh right this way."

This is the online version of that.

Why the fuck is OP gonna put garlic on his "candy"
>>
I have two kids. 4 and 7.just bought a cordless drill for the 4 years old, cost something like 25 euromonies. And then we drill holes in shit with the kids. They like it. Bang nails in to planks. The older one wants nowadays to build some real shit but it starts from there.
>>
>>1034772
>And then we drill holes in shit with the kids
Potty training, level 2.
>>
>>1034685
Your on 4chan you fucking cuntnugget
>>
>>1034645
Okay, pretending this is even a good idea. Why the fuck are you going to have her make you things? How about making HER something you tard. God damn talk about being a shitty uncle.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.