[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ideas that could make money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_20160807_232651.jpg (3MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160807_232651.jpg
3MB, 4608x2592px
Dunno if this is new or not but have this idea of a small fan that you could attach to the roof/hood of your car which generates enough charge to charge your phone or whatever else you want

Share your ideas and we'll judge, feel free to steal any and make money off them

(sorry for the shitty pic, its my idea but my phone camera is aids)
>>
In case there was any confusion on my idea, as the car drives it enough "wind" would go through fan to spin it and generate charge with simple magnetic generator, dunno much about electronics but its just an idea
>>
>>1034635

Your idea would work OP, however you're better off getting the electrical flow from a generator attached to the engine. You can't escape the second law of thermodynamics.

You would be better off inventing a coating that goes on the car that produces electricity from the friction of air. That is all energy lost during travel.
>>
>>1034634
cars already have something that works better called an alternator
>>
>>1034637
The idea is that its transportable and can be taken on and off with ease, doesnt need to be great just needs to be good enough to work
>>
>>1034636
Cant think of any way to harness friction, surely if there was a way we'd use it on glaciers and public transport already
>>
Anon, this borders on troll physics. Just plug your phone into your car's cig lighter with an adapter. The cig lighter uses electricity generated when your gasoline engine turns the car's alternator. The alternator is like a little electric generator in your car. Having a small wind turbine on top of your car is really inefficient compared to just plugging in your phone because it imposes drag on the car (makes it less wind resistant) and then there will be extra inefficiency turning the wind energy into electricity. Basically, any time energy changes form you're losing power. When you plug your phobe into the cig lighter you're using energy in the gasoline to turn a crankshaft that turns the alternator (as well as your wheels) to create electricity. Using a fan means using the energy in the gas to make the car move to create "wind" for the fan which then has to be caught on the fan blades to be turned into electricity. The point is, you get more bang for your gas buck just plugging your phone into the cig lighter with an adapter.
>>
>>1034644
Generates static electricity
Forms a voltage
With sufficient ion flow could form a current
>>
Congrats OP, you just invented a ram air turbine for cars. A cool idea, but not a great idea for many reasons. Alternator already exists, reduced efficiency from drag, possible legality issues, could fly off if it's not attached well, but if attached well, then not easily removable, would produce meager charge, Still, could be useful if for whatever reason the DC plug is broken and it's expensive to repair.
>>
>>1034641

But what's the point if literally every car has an alternator?

You're just adding cost to driving because you're creating drag.
>>
>>1034673
DC ciggy socket could be wired straight to the ignition switch with just a little fuse, cheapest repair ever
>>
I could see this making sense on a bicycle or something... but at that point, why not just attach the generator to one of the hubs? Got any other killer ideas, OP?
>>
Your fan creates drag, since it increases the drag driving at the same speed requires more energy.
Essentially, in order to get energy from the spinning fan your car engine has to provide more energy to make up for the loss of speed, add to this the air friction and the magnetic inertia of the fan and you'll see why grabbing current from the cig plug is way better.
>>
>>1034644
Pretty sure air touching the car isn't moving anyway. (I fell asleep during fluid mechanics so this might be true or lies)
Thanks Mr Reynolds!
>>
Thanks for all the replies guys! I obviously didn't take many things into consideration with this idea, I still may make it one day but not anytime soon for sure

I'll keep thinking up ideas and be sure to post em on /diy i already got a few more that just need refining
>>
>>1034634

that's retarded

how come every shitty invention has to do with charging your phone?
>>
>>1034853
The phone was just an example
>>
>>1034641
You know what else is portable? A phone charger that plugs into your dash and is powered by the damn alternator.
>>
File: mJMET3knr-7WwK-V6SmgGVA.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
mJMET3knr-7WwK-V6SmgGVA.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
Your alternator already produces excess power. They are designed to run the engine, headlights (at high beam), signals, radio, AC/heater fan, and any dashboard accessories. 99% of the time, you are not using all of that at once, so your alternator has excess capacity doing nothing. There's no need for a free energy gizmo when there's free energy already built into the car. Just plug in a damn converter.
>>
Guys, I've got a great idea.

It's a little usb fan that plugs into your phone
And the fan powers a turbine
And the turbine generates electricity that makes an led light up
And that powers a solar panel which charges your phone battery

So it's basically free energy, guys!
>>
Ok, next idea: a solar powered flashlight

Original idea do not steel
>>
I have another great idea.

Lots of time it not sunny enough to make solar panels work. So you can buy small portable UV flashlight from the store for a few dollars, connect it to a phone charger so you don't have to waste money on batteries, and then shine it on the solar panel for INFINITE ENERGY!!!

You can do charge your phone and many more :^)
>>
If you put the fan inside your car it won't do drag and it charge your phone. You only have to breathe.
>>
>>1034634
Rather than waste your time on this non starter why don't you come up with a way your cell phone can harness energy from body heat and perpetual motion seeing as they're always in your pocket?

That would be the next logical step. Perpetual motion works great on watches. Now find a way of turning the energy into electricity rather than mechanical inertia.
>>
File: 1394[1].jpg (29KB, 446x357px) Image search: [Google]
1394[1].jpg
29KB, 446x357px
>>1034850
>I'll keep thinking up ideas and be sure to post em on /diy i already got a few more that just need refining

You've done enough...
>>
>>1035004
I look at OP and I think, wow, he's just like us except retarded.

Then I think, what if I actually am retarded and everyone is too polite to tell me?

Makes me glad to be on 4chan where something like that could never happen.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1470684343180.jpg (39KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1470684343180.jpg
39KB, 528x960px
>>1034634
I have netted $17 cash money dickfarming.
>>
File: Shake Light 40_1.jpg (69KB, 500x500px)
Shake Light 40_1.jpg
69KB, 500x500px
Been considering making a shakelight vibrator, but im affraid it would have to be massive to power a motor instead of a shit led.
>>
>>1035008
>wow, he's just like us except retarded.
kek
>>
>>1035422
Tiki anon here.
Again, awesome dicks bruh
>>
>>1034634
If you wanted free power (e.g. without the engine running) to charge your phone then get a photovoltaic panel.
>>
>>1036554
Or just hook the phone charger to constant 12v, it's in every car.
>>
>>1034647
Listen to this, he knows what he is talking about.
>>
Working on an idea for a certain subset of cars for a small minority of people willing to shell out.

It's basically an all in one turbo control system that fits neatly in the dashboard with some small modifications to an air vent.

It's a device that controls boost, toggles anti lag and shows boost and AFR numbers in an OEM+ looking package through the use of a microcontroller and a bunch of solid state relays and an LCD screen.

I'm working on this idea because pretty much all options on the market today are far too expensive and if they're not they're butt ugly.
>>
File: elrato.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
elrato.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
i made a giant wired optical mouse for my giant hands using a circuit board from another mouse. now i am working on making the firmware open source so that i can mod the rotary encoder. many men have the same problem finding large mice but there aren't any on the market.
>>
>>1034898
Sort of like the way a Seiko Kinetic works?
>>
>>1034850
It's a fun idea to try out, but not a very practical one.
>>
File: rolex_image.3262918.jpg (133KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
rolex_image.3262918.jpg
133KB, 1000x666px
>>1038314
Yes. My dad has a Rolex which winds itself up with movement whilst being worn. You can buy things from Rolex that you leave your watch in over night and keep them moving to wind them up.

Apparently it's better to wind them this way rather than the conventional way of turning the side knob. I'm not sure why but presume it eases the stress on the mechanics over a 'harsh' wind.

That's why I thought if this could be harnessed in an economical way for modern day gadgets, it would be a winner.
>>
>>1038405
>I'm not sure why
When it's fully wound the mechanism (a weight) stops moving or slips on a 'clutch' to prevent over-winding.
>>
>>1038303
Are you the shrek dude that was living in someones basement and digging out more space?
>>
>>1038432
no, i'm not a /diy/ celebrity. i have often posted here before but my projects have been unremarkable.
>>
>>1035429
It's an interesting idea. How long to shakelight flashlights need to be shaken and how long do they work?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.