[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nema 6-20 on 115

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: a98186_beard_4.jpg (15KB, 450x357px) Image search: [Google]
a98186_beard_4.jpg
15KB, 450x357px
Hi folks
I have an rf31 mill wired for 230v with a nema 6 plug.
It will run on 115 with adjustment to the motor. I have by a 115 receptacle wired straight to the breaker. My question..
I don't want to replace the cord, and I don't want to add more breakers for 230v.
Can I wire in a nema6-20 receptacle into my 115v line and have my mil run happily provided I keep the hot and neutral matched on my plug?

Thanks!
>>
>>1034280
There's no reason it wouldn't work. A plug and socket are just that. They're different by design to stop you plugging 120v appliances into 240v sockets etc.
>>
>>1034313
Thanks, yes you prompted me to check the motor plate at the back and it requires 22a @ 115v
11a @ 230v

Breaker box tomorrow then!

Thanks again anon
>>
>>1034326
I'm wired with 12/2 which I believe is ok up to 20a sadly
>>
If you ignore all legality, code, liability, and other related issues it depends. When you change your taps for 115V is the mill going to be looking for a circuit larger than 20A to allow it to draw additional current to compensate for the power required to run? If it does then you're looking at running a new circuit anyways; in which case you should give it 230V if you have the space in the panel. If it doesn't require a larger ampacity then yes, being mindful of hot/neutral association should work fine.
>>
>>1034330
Heh, second guessed myself after posting so I deleted, took a shower, and 3rd guessed myself and reposted at >>1034343.
>>
File: little-girl-meme-i-dont-know-16.jpg (114KB, 365x365px) Image search: [Google]
little-girl-meme-i-dont-know-16.jpg
114KB, 365x365px
I love /diy/.Had no idea what an rf31 mill was.Googled.Now I am genuinely curious what you will do with this.Is it for a home business?Are there legit semi-pro applications?
>>
>>1034350
Yes it's modified for CNC applications meaning it had motors to move it accurately and cut out or shape whatever material you chose. I'm planning to mill aluminum and wood mostly until I get used to it then move on to steel. Have a few ideas of my own to make and take custom orders for vehicle parts or whatever.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.