[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Text data transferring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1-300x152.png (21KB, 300x152px) Image search: [Google]
1-300x152.png
21KB, 300x152px
Hello everyone!

I would like to get some information about programming.
My goal is to create a simple taxi program with blank screen and letters.
The thing is that I need a real-time data transferring.
The dispatch recieves a call and types an adress to a computer. The driver recieves adress to an android smartphone. Both gadgets have an internet connection but are not connected to the same network.
Is it possible to code a program like that or do I need a server?
Thank you in advance for any information!
>>
dont even need to write a program. you just need a web site (like text2day.com) or app (like mySMS) to send text messages to a phone.
>>
Oh well we truly need a program for that.
First off, drivers need to see all addresses in the same place and then choose the ones to drive to.
The next thing is if they decide to take the order there must be a button to take that address off thd list.
So, does this idea require a server or just some code to take care of this?
I cannot find any information on google at all. Some leads to know more would be very much appreciated.
>>
>>1034261
Well there are dedicated taxi despatch systems you can purchase, and presuming you're running a business why don't you just look into that? Or is this a bit of a pipe dream that isn't really going anywhere?
>>
It is not a pipe dream, the purchase is possible ofc, but from time to time we will upgrade the program to our needs so we'd like to do it from scratch.
>>
>>1034311
>GPS wireless despatch system
>No experience in programming
>From scratch

You're going to spend a lot more money on a developer tailoring a system than you would buying one already set up or going down the route of learning to programming and manage systems.
>>
Also, taxi dispatch programs provide not only addresses but the map, car locations and etc. But all we need is a simple screen with the information provided for a driver. Just it. The rest goes with time.
>>
Thanks for shitty adv. I found it myself
>>
>>1034444
Oooooh muh quads
>>
File: computer_f93dh5j7.jpg (58KB, 400x434px) Image search: [Google]
computer_f93dh5j7.jpg
58KB, 400x434px
>>1034261
>The dispatch recieves a call and types an adress to a computer. The driver recieves adress to an android smartphone. Both gadgets have an internet connection but are not connected to the same network.
>Is it possible to code a program like that or do I need a server?
>Thank you in advance for any information!
There is two ways to do this:
1. either both phones would need to have a fixed IP address (each phone has its own fixed IP address) and each would need to know the other's fixed IP address, or-
2. you would need a web server with a fixed IP address, that both phones would know connect to.

#2 is way more practical than #1.
Assuming you use #2, then-
3. each phone has the ability to send a request to the server (that contains the data to send) and
4. each phone on the system has their own web page, that they automatically refresh at a certain time interval--say every 30 seconds or so. Any new info for the phone is contained in the page.

The way a normal web browser works, it can only "ask" the server for info first--the server has no way of "telling" it anything without being asked.
Writing a web page that automatically refreshes every 30 or 60 seconds (or whatever time interval) is a easy way to let the server initiate data transfers.

If you want the server to have a way to initiate data transmissions, there is a thing called push notifications but it is more complicated to use and all web browsers do not support it the same way.
https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2015/03/push-notifications-on-the-open-web?hl=en

Also I would agree with others who have said: there is already websites offering services for bouncing web data between cell phones. Maintaining a web server is not a part-time job, what with hackers and all....
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.