[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I fix my door that is hard to close? I literally have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 53954d5543cc0.jpg (35KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
53954d5543cc0.jpg
35KB, 500x383px
How do I fix my door that is hard to close? I literally have to body slam it to open it and pull as hard as I can to close it.

I have searched on google but only found some stupid toothpick "hack" but that does fuck all.
Thank you :)
>>
Is the latch hitting or the door hitting the frame? Pics if possible.

Also, if said door is on a store front try clicking it no less than 7,000 times.
>>
Looks like it is hitting on the bottom. I tried tightening the top hinge but it did not do anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Looks like trash but it's not being hit
>>
>>1033674

Jesus, what kinda shithole do you live in?

Find where the door is hitting and adjust/shim the hinges accordingly. Or take the door off the hinges and plane it to fit the frame. Alternatively, since you live in a nasty slum use the cut down the door with the rusty spoon you used to fuck up the rest of that door frame. Da fuck?
>>
>>1033677
The previous renters trashed the place
>>
>>1033677
Simply funniest comment i ever read in my life! Bravo sir!!!
>>
>>1033677
>>1033705
I moved in to this place to be closer with my dad. He has terminal cancer. I am over whelmed and even this door is making me feel like I am going to have a mental break down.

Yeah, funny.
>>
>>1033710
I'm sorry, OP
>>
Make sure all the hinges are tight.

If they are and it is hitting at the bottom, is there a noticeable gap at the top? If so use a lever to force the top of the door down. This will make the bottom move away from the frame slightly and the top move towards it.

If there is no noticeable gap, you either need to plane or sand the door down to fit better or compress or sand the frame where it is hitting.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.