[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Door jammed shut:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: doorjam.jpg (44KB, 465x676px) Image search: [Google]
doorjam.jpg
44KB, 465x676px
My living room to kitchen door has jammed shut, the handle doesn't operate the latch and once the handle was removed both sides it still refused to open manually. Any ideas?
>>
Use a credit card or metal strip with a notch on the side so you can slide it behing the latch, jiggling it a little will make the latch retract pressing the card against that angled surface of the latch will cause a force that pushes it inwards, allowing you to open the door.
>>
>>1033605
Thank you, I'll see what I can do.
>>
Looks like you're on the hinge side, grab a hammer and a flathead and tap the hinge pins out
>>
>>1033608
The issue is trying to not cause damage, as this is a rented property.
>>
>>1033610
Then get get a nail set and pop the pins out of the hinges this isn't the challenger space shuttle
>>
>>1033618
They're sealed over with metal.
>>
>>1033610
Then call the landlord and tell him to fix his fucking door
>>
>>1033626
Letting agents office is closed.
>>
>>1033626
And if he's a slum lord he'll you charge you more than what it's worth to fix it.
>>
>>1033600
sad panda bear general?
>>
Sawzall
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 300x277px
>not owning a set of irons for forcible entry
>>
File: clean.jpg (6KB, 326x155px) Image search: [Google]
clean.jpg
6KB, 326x155px
use c4
>>
>>1033600
your door is sad OP
you should make door happy
>>
>>1033605
This, since it's not a deadbolt.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.