[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting a safe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (301KB, 1400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
301KB, 1400x1600px
Hey /diy/, I'm looking forward to getting a well secured safe for the nearby future. Should I get a wall safe and install with security screws, a time delayed one, or should I go with one easy to grab and pick, but with fire protection? I need something good to keep unique things in securely as I need to relocate things from a unsecured method to a secure one. Can /diy/ makers give good security advice?

Pic unrelated.
>>
It really depends on what you're trying to keep safe anon. I install close to 700 safes a year for businesses and a few home clients. Typically you just need to have an audible alarm and a way to keep the thief busy long enough they give up and run.
>>
A good team of smash and grabbers can break into a place, and break into a safe and be gone in less than 4 minutes. Keep them there longer, with an alarm going off for the building, and they usually spook. Avoid safes that have two well pronunced hinges on the outside. Many older brinks safes have that. And they take less than a minute to open with a grinder. Piano hinges are where it's at. Also, internal hinges when possible, but that's more expensive.
>>
Time delay safes are okay, and mainly what I install for businesses. It leads back to the whole keeping robbers there until they spook. Most people are going to have a fireproof safe for their important documents, not so much for money.
>>
File: image.jpg (210KB, 792x825px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210KB, 792x825px
>>1033355

If you need documents to keep safe, a fireproof safe works. However, if you get it, it's easy to break open.

If you're getting one for your house, a time delayed safe works WELL, but only IF you have a alarm as well or under security surveillance.

>>1033368

I would recommend this idea to OP. OP, specifically what do you plan to stash for safety?

Personally I got a highly secured house with a time delayed safe that requires others to wait a long duration before it can actually open.

Ever see a warning saying "Time delayed safe?" That's there to deter robbers and thieves, even if they have a gun in possession.

That's my private safe for financial documents and cash money. I installed a wall safe that my family can use with my permission that's a wall safe, but I have security screws installed with them so it can't be disassembled without special tools.

If you plan to install a wall safe, look for one you can install in a place not very familiar. But if you can install screws with it as well, get sheet metal one way screws.

Time delayed safes are the best if it has a long delay and your house is under 24/7 surveillance.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.