[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making a wooden platform

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: box.jpg (35KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
box.jpg
35KB, 400x267px
I need to construct a decent box/platform to hold a cardboard standee and place some small 2 inch speakers into (similar to picture).

What wood/material is effective and cheap for this that I can still spray paint a design into? Is there a better material then wood?
>>
>>1032553
Plywood
MDF
other fibreboards
>>
>>1032571
From what I have looked into, particle boards don't paint very well. At best you can get a can and a roller but that is more then I want to invest into painting.
>>
>>1032553
MDF all the way, it's got a nice weight to it which will help hold the standee up, it's very stable and smooth which makes it great for painting of staining, you can even paint it with spray cans if you take the time.

BTW who is the standee of?
>>
>>1032587

>particle boards don't paint very well.

Not true, MDF paints very well, especially if you take the time to prime it first, it looks presentable enough without a primer but it really looks smooth as fuck with one.
>>
>>1032660
I'll take another look around, any suggestions on specific paints?

Sister is a huge fan of the Borderlands franchise, specifically the second one's villain. Recreated the propoganda card board cut outs from the game complete with working sound and might add a small spotlight too.
>>
>>1032674

Most paints will be good after you primer, I like to use a small foam roller to apply the paint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_mqMzka-gQ
>>
>>1032587
Plywood
>>
I'd just go pick up a pallet for free and trim it with whatever wood you want. No point making it difficult for yourself when there's free ready built materials to use
>>
>>1032660
>>1032665
>>1032684
These.
Cabinetmaker reporting in.
Mdf paints very well.
Paint raw edges of mdf with wallpaper paste to seal it. Apply liberally and sand when dry. Cut back the first coat of paint with fine sandpaper and use the foam roller for a few more coats.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.