[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Construction with the Earth- New age and Ancient

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

(Superadobe)- As shown. Allows one to build with mainly the ground beneath them.
In contrast to adobe bricks, new earth is instead packed into rolls of tube bagging. Layers are lined with barbed wire.

Any convievable alternatives to creating a beautiful place to live in our world today?
>>
>>1031869
looks weak
>>
>>1031869
Plenty of alternatives, like building with bricks, or timber.
>>
>>1031869
I dislike bagged and tire builds. I prefer traditional methods, masonry, cob, sod, adobe, slate, thatch, and timber. The instant you start putting plastic into it like those polybags or rubber like in rammed-earth in tires constructions I dislike it for a number of reasons. I also dislike straw bale construction.

I however to like their method of placing barbed wire between the bag layers to help anchor them in place prior to covering it with cob/adobe and they are good for emergency shelters as advertised.

As far as aesthetics go, I can't stand that style. I much prefer builds with actual roofs and not stuff that is southwestern, conical, or flattop. Some types of building materials like cob, adobe, even those earthbags are great for general creativity. Unfortunately, many people are not exactly aesthetically creative and end up making some really weird not-to-good-looking houses of odd shapes and styles. This is because they are not being limited by contractor dimensional lumber and standardized block sizes.
>>
>>1031869
> I build my home with toothpaste

Stoners everybody
>>
>>1032088
Well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SObzNdyRTBs
>>
>>1031869
How about just using compressed earth blocks instead of that hippie nonsense. All the cost benefits of using dirt, without the need for plastic tubes and barbed wire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsVhlHTulLQ

And before you freak out about the gas engine, manual presses exist too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrg0tNclv20
>>
File: weeds_4382j4.jpg (388KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
weeds_4382j4.jpg
388KB, 1280x960px
>>1031869
silly kiddo, adobe is for desert building.
it's basically mud brick; it goes soft when it rains.
so you use it in the desert--where it hardly ever rains.
get it now?

also: OP pic looks dumb. looks like very thick walls for a very small interior space
also #2: that plastic tube shit won't hold up for long. UV light kills plastic eventually. ALL plastic.
also #3: lush vegetation in the background? not a desert.... i'd bet this 'house' will be a pile of dirt in 10 years at best
>>
>>1033111
aww, he thinks he knows things :3
>>
>>1033111
Presumably you plaster over it so your house doesn't look like the michelin man had diarrhea all over your property.
>>
>>1033111
>uv kills plastic.

Good thing it gets covered in plaster....
>>
>>1031869

Some faggot listened to jre I see
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZrW0v13BJI
>>
>>1033111
Yet they build these things in humid-ass Haiti among other places.
I'm sure these people put way more time and thought into their construction than you put into that blog post.
>>
File: 3DPrintedHouse.jpg (914KB, 1280x711px) Image search: [Google]
3DPrintedHouse.jpg
914KB, 1280x711px
Ancient civilizations have built with the earth. Why not add a greenhouse into the design? Might as well grow yourself some food.
>>
>>1033162
groog
>>
File: adobe.jpg (2MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
adobe.jpg
2MB, 2816x2112px
The bag method after plastering would look so much fucking better than the shit bricks
>>
how to get barbara from zoning to approve??
>>
>>1033192
Fucking white people....
>>
File: eco-dome-07.jpg (284KB, 650x465px) Image search: [Google]
eco-dome-07.jpg
284KB, 650x465px
>>1033111
Me >>1031912 here. Adobe and cob are much the same. Cob houses in Europe, where it is rainy as fuck have been standing for 100s of years.

The stuff in the OP isn't adobe or cob. It is just bags filled with local dirt. Though, stabilizers such as cement, lime, or asphalt emulsion may be added for the permanent structures. They don't just use plastic bags, they also use jute and other natural material bags.

For temporary structures they use the natural bags and don't plaster over them. The structure is used then abandoned, left to melt back into the ground.

The permanent structures they use synthetic bags with barbed wire and the stabilizers listed above and are plastered over with a weather resistant layer.

This is one of their permanent structures. These things pass California building codes, fyi.

Those are just the facts. I think they look fucking terrible.
>>
>>1033161
>aww, he thinks he knows things
I know about this-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Mosque_of_Djenn%C3%A9

The only places that mud houses work is in the desert, and even there they have a couple drawbacks.
>>
File: building_blocks_new.jpg (198KB, 600x1166px) Image search: [Google]
building_blocks_new.jpg
198KB, 600x1166px
Various compressed dirt machines.

Planning a 30 ton press atm.

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2013-05/building-blocks
>>
>>1031869
Fucking hippies
>>
>>1033192
Who do you think sucks dick better, Shae or Bryson?

I hate hippies...
>>
>>1033192
>blatantly lie about cost by ignoring equipment and solar panels by saying they're optional.

>about 10k per bedroom
>4 kids
>40k for bedrooms
>this build clearly took over a year to complete
>price doesn't even count main house with bathroom and kitchen.

So... they build some small houses that aren't up to code in the Southwest where land and housing and dirt cheap for around 80k over several years?
>>
>>1033720
Shae, no doubt. Or whatever the one with the blonde accent was.
>>
>>1033770
Bryson looks like a little cock gobbler though. He wants a place to look at the stars on his roof.

Shae is clearly the "good" daughter, Bree is the older one who probably thinks giving head is demeaning to women but likes rough anal.
>>
>>1033758
I agree their cost determination is incredibly deceptive.

However. I really enjoyed the video. They're obviously a close supportive family that has a lot of fun.

I never had that much fun with my family, im jealous.
>>
>>1033701
Giant lego dirt blocks?
>>
>>1034421
>They're obviously a close supportive family that has a lot of fun.

I bet that is a lot of deception too. I'm sure they are a healthy family and probably get along really well, but clearly they're not going to include family squabbles in the videos. To each their own though.
>>
>>1031869
>Layers are lined with barbed wire.
Really?
>>
>>1033192
Why are "Daughter" and "Dad" in quotes? Are they not actually related and this is the "relationship" title they gave each other?
>>
>>1034434
Daddy/daughter sexual roleplay.
>>
>>1033192

want to french kiss Bree's arsehole t b h
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.