[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/, if I want to glue a PVC pipe to a PVC joint/coupling,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: half_inch_pvc_pipe.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
half_inch_pvc_pipe.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
Hey /diy/, if I want to glue a PVC pipe to a PVC joint/coupling, which glue should I use? Epoxy apparently doesn't work and I'm confused between PVC glue and cement.
>>
>>1031849

PVC Cement is the correct thing.

You can use CPVC cement on PVC but not the other way around.

If you are using it for water pressure as that pipe wall looks schedule 40 then use PVC cleaner on the joint first. Especially if you are going to bury/conceal/cement the pipe.
>>
>>1031849
You can get a can of pvc cement for like 5 bucks man.
>>
>>1031853
This
>>
Don't forget to use primer before using PVC glue or your joint might fail down the line
>>
>>1032699
On this note. I've always roughed the mating surfaces a bit before applying anything. Usually a wipe or two with some sand paper. Not sure if it actually helps but I've never had a joint fail
>>
>>1032699
Just get single step cement. Primer is pointless nowadays.

>>1032704
PVC cement contains solvent. No need to increase surface area.

You are supposed to twist the pipe when you insert it into a fitting.
>>
>>1032709
I didn't know about the no primer thing; I always thought part of priming was to clean the surface.

You are correct about the cement though. It actually dissolves some of the PVC and bonds it that way. That's why you get a weak spot if you put too much and it pools up on the pipe. It actually breaks it down. It's not glue.

Twisting is correct.
>>
>>1032709
Primer is necessary if you use glue instead of cement
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.