[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /dynosaurs/ how do I wire this up to my homemade bench top

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

Hey /dynosaurs/ how do I wire this up to my homemade bench top power supply? It has three wires which appears to for ground, power, and control. Also is it possible to make it spin in reverse or will that hurt the motor? Thanks.
>>
I tired just using the ground and the positive lead but that didn't do anything.
>>
>>1031460

I do believe most of those need some sort of voltage signal to trigger. You should find the manual and see what that signal is.
>>
>>1031460
come on it's not that hard to google the things printed on the sticker
>>
>>1031460
Pretty sure its red and black thats + -
White would be a sense line for the pc to see how fast its spinning.
Open up the fan and check for a thermal sensor some have them to speed and slow the fan, you can just bridge the sensor for it to go full speed all the time.
>>
The third wire is the speed sensor. Only 4 pin fans have a control wire, 3 pin fans are controlled by voltage. It won't hurt it if you connect it wrong, just try it until it spins. No it can not spin in reverse.
>>
File: NeMmHGK.png (503KB, 643x686px) Image search: [Google]
NeMmHGK.png
503KB, 643x686px
>>1031465
I didn't know there would be some kind of manual. I also learn differently so manuals and datasheets don't usually help me until after I understand the component, like for example overloading a 7508 and how hot the heatsink will get right before it fails..-----Very hot btw, burned myself good..
>>
File: 1464757796775.jpg (451KB, 1115x1392px) Image search: [Google]
1464757796775.jpg
451KB, 1115x1392px
>>1031468
>>1031464
>>1031470
Thanks guys I'll do that. Sucks that you can't spin them in reverse though, but I guess if it did it would probably create a lower than absolute zero, free energy vortex...Obama wouldn't like that..

Thanks again/
>>
>>1031460

black and red should be the 12v lines and the white is the sensor lead

red being positive black negative

its like retard city here today
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.