[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIY Bike Motor Installation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1521.jpg (481KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1521.jpg
481KB, 2048x1536px
Hey /diy/, I'm not sure if this is the proper forum for this kind of thing. I've been lurking on 4tran for years, but it's been mostly /pol/ and /fit/.

A couple months ago, I dropped off my bike and Bafang mid-drive motor kit at a bike shop. I have limited experience taking bikes apart, and wanted to make sure this was done right because I've never taken the bottom bracket off where the pedals sit. A month later, I called to check on the status of the bike. The mechanic had the motor mounted to the bottom bracket, but he was still figuring out the wiring (the manual isn't very helpful) and he'd call me when the bike is ready. He said it'd be a couple weeks. That was a month ago.

To make a long story short, I hoped the bike would be ready by mid-August because I'm going out of state for a month. It's not absolutely necessary that the bike is ready by then, I was just hoping the project wouldn't take so long.

I've never dealt with a bike shop before, so I'm not sure if it's rude to keep calling and hassling the guy to finish my bike or what. I like the bicycle mechanic, he seems like a good guy and doesn't afraid of anything. I called four other shops in the area before I found one willing to take on this project. If he couldn't figure out the wiring, he'd let me know right?

Anyway, what I want to know is should I just call the shop and pick my bike up in whatever state it's in and finish the job myself while I'm out of state? I have some limited experience with wiring fan motors, game consoles, computers, etc., and I'm staying with my bro. He has experience tinkering with electric lawnmowers, if that helps.

Pic related: that's the motor I got (different battery). It's a BBS-HD.
>>
He's retarded and jerking you around. A couple fucking MONTHS? Really? Fucking beta cucks, man up and get your $ back.
>>
File: money_1_large.jpg (279KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
money_1_large.jpg
279KB, 1024x768px
>>1030843
Throw your bike a way and light it with fire. Then buy a cordless drill and have it attacked with a remote and a rubber thnggy and have it push on the wheel directly. Then shoot yourself in the face and light yourself with gasolene.

The shop dont know what the fuck theyre dooing and you prolly wont have much better luck because those kits dont work most of the time, youll prolly need a machine shop (or a shitload of ducktape) to fix it. Hope you got a quote on the retrofit or you show up and they demand a $2000 payment for labor. kek
>>
File: 411363.jpg (229KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
411363.jpg
229KB, 1920x1080px
>>1030845
A'ight, thanks anon. Sometimes all a sperger needs is a little kick in the ass.
>>
>>1030847
Couldn't I just light myself with the bike and save a couple steps?
>>
>>1030843
Months!?!

Bike fag here. I owned a shop i ran with my buddies for five years and MONTHS is unacceptable. Completely 100% unacceptable. Get your bike back and either finish the wiring yourself, or find another shop that can.

I can install those bafang motors in an hour. Mind you thats a "billable" hour which includes going to the bathroom and grabbing myself a pudding pack
>>
File: neidhardt_bicycle.jpg (34KB, 525x368px) Image search: [Google]
neidhardt_bicycle.jpg
34KB, 525x368px
>>1030868
Thanks Anon, I thought months was a pretty bad timeline.

Please have 1 human-bicycle hybrid.
>>
>>1030843
>I have some limited experience with wiring fan motors, game consoles, computers, etc.,
You should have plenty of experience needed to figure out how to wire it.
>>
>I like the bicycle mechanic, he seems like a good guy
>A couple months ago, I dropped off my bike
>he was still figuring out the wiring (the manual isn't very helpful)
what is wrong with you
>>
>>1030882
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Anon.

>>1030891
Well, when you put it that way...
>>
File: CEIUgZEUIAE-jGt.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
CEIUgZEUIAE-jGt.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
Update:

I called the shop, and got a message saying: "The number you have called has been temporarily disconnected." Looks like I'll have to go down to the shop to get answers, but I won't have time to do that until Thursday.

>whatthefuck.jpg
>>
>>1031383
Lol you got screwed. Better call the fuzz and see if they can't recover the pieces.
>>
>>1031383
>Implying the shop still exists.
Welp you got screwed.
>>
>>1031506
They posted something on July 28th on Facebook. If they don't exist anymore, they must've folded up quick like a gypsy shop.
>>
File: 980x.jpg (88KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
980x.jpg
88KB, 960x638px
>>1031525
Thats generally how anything that's not a department store with loads of inventory goes out. They decide to call it, auction remaining stock, guys come to collect, empty store within a day or two. Your bike probably got ebays by an asset liquidator 3 weeks ago.
>>
>>1031539
>>
>>1031539
Then they owe him a debt
>>
>>1031700
Like he can collect on it. If the company was an LLC, he's fucked.
>>
>>1031700
>>1031870
Them dubs of truth! Praise kek!

Also, they're still open. I got a message from the guy apologizing for not calling sooner and saying he's going to try to finish the bike by Friday. I'm still going down as I said though, because if it couldn't be done in months it's not going to be done in a couple days.
>>
>>1032066
ooh boy
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.